Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening. So as I prepare for my first crossbow deer season, I continuously discover other things I "need". I primarily hunt from the ground and think I need a tripod, bipod, monopod or other sticks for a rest. I see there is a big range as to price for these things so looking for recommendations. Don't know how much the specific crossbow makes a difference as to fit but I have a Wrath 430. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,299 Posts

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
If your ground hunting is from a blind, the best tripod out there IMO is the BOG DeathGrip. I wouldn't suggest spending extra on the carbon or sherpa versions.
Tripod Camera accessory Cameras & optics Camera Optical instrument

I've used it with the Wrath for over a year and also have FieldPods which will work as well. The FP are about 1/2 price of the DG but are not nearly as nice, nor as sturdy setting up with a crossbow. The DG is one of the best tripods I've seen or used.

It grips easily on the forearm and is rock solid. Legs easily adjust and lock. In a blind, I mount a drink cup holder on a leg, use rubber wire and make holders for binos, game calls, phone, etc. so they are right there for an easy reach.
Tripod Motor vehicle Automotive tire Camera accessory Cameras & optics

My Wrath is sporting a heavy scope and the DG easily handles the weight.

It also can be broken down and packed in suitcase.

Retail is $200 or so but you can shop around and find demos and open box deals from $120 and up.

If you stalk a lot the Primos G3 Trigger stick bipod is the one.

Good luck!
Vertebrate Cartoon Gesture Fictional character Animated cartoon

·
Registered
167 Posts
I use the tall Primos trigger stick and find it to be great for standing shots like you mentioned. It’s a little tall for sitting on the ground unless the legs are splayed out to their widest (when holding the ring rotated to allow extra wide mode) but this makes height adjustments a bit tougher.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I made one using a camera tripod. Good quality ones sell for $5-10 and are readily available at Thrift stores. Legs usually have three sections and the tops can be raised and lowered with a crank, rotated and/or pivoted up and down. The top needs to have a little piece that usually would stay with the camera to make it detachable. You can get a small lumber "mending plate", bend it to your liking and attach it to the detachable plate. Add whatever high density foam you want with a spot of glue and you are ready to go. I had a good selection of quality foam from a friend's auto body shop,
Wood Gas Composite material Flooring Machine
Tripod Camera accessory Cameras & optics Camera Optical instrument
Tripod Camera lens Camera accessory Lens Film camera

in all shapes and sizes. Be sure you get a quality camera tripod, however, one that has solid legs and top section, but is lightweight. I had the mending plate laying around the garage, so my out-of-pocket cost was $5.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Hunter401, nice job.
I was wondering, my CenterPoint has a short picatinny rail and most camera stands have a 1/4” bolt sticking up. On Amazon i found various picatinny adopters and was wondering why I don’t see anyone mounting one on the camera stand (drill, tap and screw it on. Sounds simple.
Would it support the weight of crossbow?
Here’s one of a few that could be used
Musical instrument Light Keyboard Product Musical instrument accessory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts