Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could i be using crap quality bolts? 24cm long with plqastic fletch, they have 2018 stamped on them. im using a 3-9*56 tasco scope on a budget crossbow?

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Tell us what bow and model your shooting those bolts from. That would help. Also, check all the screws and bolts on the bow. Start with the scope and rings then, check out the bolt that holds the limbs on the stock. If that's not tight, you'll shoot sporatic.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Well, I'm not familiar with that bow but what does that particular company recommend? I believe it's not the scope at all as long as it's tight, and lined up correctly. You may have to do some trial and error stuff on your own. Buy a half dozen aluminum bolts and take your time and shoot them and see if it resolves your problem. I'm a big fan of the 2216 lightning strike arrows. I've shot them consistently for ten years, and they always do good by me. I also like that the (plastic) fletchings are day orange. I have hell finding the arrows when they are any other color in the thick vegetation when hunting.
Also, what tip or broadhead are you using to top those arrows off with and most importantly, what grain weight are they? What I'm getting at, is your total grain weight of arrow and head with your 180 lb pull bow. Is your set up too light? Too heavy in the front? What does the arrow do when you shoot it? What distance are you trying to zero in at? Do you know how fast the arrow flies? (Feet per second?) Have any pictures of your set up? Film would be great!
We'll need more specific information to be able and help you more quickly. Each time you shoot an arrow, note everything that happened, even if you didn't feel steady when you pulled the trigger. Did one arrow shoot high and the next, to the left? Did you see the back end of the arrow higher than the front when it hit the target? Things like that will help figure it out. Good luck and keep patience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts