Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give my recommendation for this mechanical broadhead. I have lost deer to Rage Hypo NC with blades breaking and probably like a lot of you and bought several different brands and not really felt confident in them. Well, that's all changed. I shoot a Ravin R29X Sniper and had trouble with a lot of manufacturers saying their heads could handle 450+ fps. This weekend proved, to me anyway, that the TruGlo Titanium X can. I killed two deer, a doe and about a 130" 8 point, at 30 and 40 yards using the .003 bolt which I like better than the .001 for consistency and 100 grain BH. Both were killed using separate TruGlo BH. Both were flawless and left blood trails that looked like Charles Manson was the shooter and not me. Very, very satisfied with this broadhead and it has restored my confidence in mechanical broadheads. IMO the best on the market and I won't be shooting anything else until proven otherwise. Just my opinion, but I can say two deer in two days with Ravin R29X at 450+ fps and an awesome blood trail both times and both deer only ran about 40 yards before crashing, made a believer out of me!

·
Registered
99 Posts
My daughter just shot her first crossbow deer last night with the titanium X4 broadhead it was the most amazing blood trail I've ever seen however in my defense I used to use muzzy four blade. They spin really true but do hit a little bit off from what field points do but once sighted in very accurate. The blade did bend but I believe because we had a full pass through and it hit a rock in the ground. I replaced the blades with replacement blades and it's as good as new right now the furrelle never bent.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
To bend is better than to break.

I plan on switching to the tru glow once I run out of the original Hypo's if that ever happens. They just work. The newer Rage NC's are garbage.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My wife has been using them for 3 years now with great results and I fully switched over to them this year for both our setups. I've been very impressed like I've mentioned before about how strong this mechanical broadhead really is. I shoot the 4 blade but it seems for those of you that like a 2 blade broadhead that a make a great looking 2 blade as well in 100 gr. Good luck everyone I hope you get to try yours out also.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought them for the first time this year. Hopefully will get to try them out in the coming days.
I just got a dozen delivered yesterday after seeing the rave reviews on here. Hopefully can try them out this weekend! You boys are hard on the wallet ha! I'll be ordering some Tapps before u know it! 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I just got a dozen delivered yesterday after seeing the rave reviews on here. Hopefully can try them out this weekend! You boys are hard on the wallet ha! I'll be ordering some Tapps before u know it! 🤦‍♂️
What!!??? You're go'n Tappless so far!!??? How can that be done!!????? I just hope that Jerry can forgive ya, and see that you're come'n to your senses,,, slow but sure!!! LOL

·
Registered
62 Posts
What!!??? You're go'n Tappless so far!!??? How can that be done!!????? I just hope that Jerry can forgive ya, and see that you're come'n to your senses,,, slow but sure!!! LOL
Trust me if I hadnt just bought a dozen BS witness arrows for the Swat right before I joined this forum I would have some after all the praise they get! Next year for sure!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Does the Swat launch those BSers pretty well anywayzzz? ooops...that didn't sound nice....sorry....I better go do something.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does the Swat launch those BSers pretty well anywayzzz? ooops...that didn't sound nice....sorry....I better go do something.....
🤣🤣🤣 Yeah it is pretty darn accurate with them after I weeded out the flyers. At least out to 80 yards. Havent tried further yet. Ran out of yard and time before the season started to go back to 100 haha. I'll be shooting ticks off there backs out to 40! 🤠 Even with only 1 eye...

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
My daughter just shot her first crossbow deer last night with the titanium X4 broadhead it was the most amazing blood trail I've ever seen however in my defense I used to use muzzy four blade. They spin really true but do hit a little bit off from what field points do but once sighted in very accurate. The blade did bend but I believe because we had a full pass through and it hit a rock in the ground. I replaced the blades with replacement blades and it's as good as new right now the furrelle never bent. View attachment 185944 View attachment 185943
Tell your daughter I said Congrats on her deer and she made a very good shot. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
That’s too awesome, Im very happy for her. Making memories that will last forever and some great stories too. Way to go
This crossbow season we have now truly allows more kids to join in. I even let her blood trail it herself. I told her that in my day muzzy 90 grain broadheads didn't leave much of a blood trail.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts