Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'm hope'n I can 'Swat' down a bruiser whitey soon, in the swamp just 7 mins drive from my cave!!! Got a crappy pic of him off my cam, but he's look'n like a cranker 6x6!!! He'll be perfect for 'test'n' my TGs and Tapps on!!! I've bin let'n him grow out for a few years, but he's a gooder for this year!!! All grow'd up, I mean!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looks like another satisfied customer to the Truglo Titanium X, these broadheads are making quite a few people happy. Good luck everyone

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks like another satisfied customer to the Truglo Titanium X, these broadheads are making quite a few people happy. Good luck everyone
I am cautiously optimistic as my daughters deer was the first kill, I would like to witness a couple more kills to give a stamp of approval. One thing I do like is sighting them in, no collars makes it a joy. My 18:1 target on the other hand takes a beating with 4 blades.

My buddies are headed now to Ohio with with Tru Glow titanium x4 on their arrows. My buddy has nothing but success stories with his in the past. That is why I now use them. Like I said before all I know is muzzy 90 4 blade on my traditional bow, they served me well. With that said my eyes opened up when I saw the blood trail of the X4's, truly impressive. Good luck everyone

·
Registered
217 Posts
I did a little experimenting with the Truglo Titanium X Broadheads again on Tuesday, I had ordered some 2 blade replacement blades by mistake instead of the 4 blades so I decided to try them out instead of sending them back. So I took the 1 3/4 rear blades out and replaced them with the 2 3/16 blades that come with the 2 blades and shot them at 20 and 30 yards and they hit the same POI as the originals so it looks like I'll be switching some of them out and do some more testing with them at least out to 40 yards which is normally my maximum range to hunt now with a crossbow. I shot the broadhead several times in my broadhead target and I got full expansion of the rear blades on impact every time. It looksl like the 2 3/16 blades are a little wider than the 1 3/4 rear blades but not by much. I know the broadheads are fine the way they are but a little more cutting surface doesn't hurt if everything flies and works the same.

·
1,553 Posts
I shot the truglo with 2 sets of rear blades on them. For me a 125gr field point hit really close to the 100gr broadhead with the extra bigger blades. I guess it was drag.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Another deer down to the tru glo titanium x4. The deer went maybe 40 yards and was quartering away. My daughter is on a roll this year. The head is still perfect other then the blades need to be replaced because they hit dirt and maybe a bit dull. The head spins prefect after 2 deer down same head and same south shore spine indexed arrow. I am starting to really feel more confident by the day about this head.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Another deer down to the tru glo titanium x4. The deer went maybe 40 yards and was quartering away. My daughter is on a roll this year. The head is still perfect other then the blades need to be replaced because they hit dirt and maybe a bit dull. The head spins prefect after 2 deer down same head and same south shore spine indexed arrow. I am starting to really feel more confident by the day about this head. View attachment 186119
Congrats to the young hunter , so cool !!!!

Reactions: PBR

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congrats to you and your daughter she another great shot. I know the feeling it's so special being with your kids when they get a chance at taking a deer and everything comes together. Awesome please tell her everyone is very proud of her

21 - 40 of 43 Posts