Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they the same or is one better. One is cheaper kind of same concept what you guys think not trying to start controversy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are they the same or is one better. One is cheaper kind of same concept what you guys think not trying to start controversy
Never tried the Trueglows, I'd imagine they're really good. But I have shot 5 deer the last 2 years with the Swat Xbow BH. To sum it up, I have found the BH that I'll be staying with!
Tried out to 50 yards & they are dead on with my field tips. I mean dead on! The 2" by 1 3/4' cutting area of the Swat is mammoth! No broke blades in the 5 deer. After 46 years of bowhunting, using many different BHs, I've never seen blood lettings like these! unreal! If you have some serious KE you are good to go. If not, dont shoot them -or any large cutting area mechanical BH. I'm shooting a 400 grain arrow well over 400 fps, so have great confidence in these super accurate heads.
With that all said. The key to it all is a good shot. There isn't a BH out there that's going to do any good if you make a bad hit.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Probably both really good choices, from what I keep pick'n up on around here. I just chose the TGs because of the sharp, titanium tip. But that's 'split'n hairs' now! I just thought it maybe a bit tougher than the small blade up front on the Swatters. Maybe.....IDK

·
Registered
557 Posts
I like Truglo. We've shot 5 or so deer with them with great results. Kinda like the price better and not having to band them.

I'd think either will work well for you

Best blood trail I've seen. This buck went almost 125 yards, surprisingly

·
496 Posts
Not sure but i do have Swats in the mail. So this winter ill be able to give a review. I hope

·
496 Posts
Just did an accuracy test and Tru glo was off the mark from field points by 3" but swat was more accurate with field points as a baseline. Performance IDK. But hope to next week. :)

Reactions: USAF Ret in Wis

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I like Truglo. We've shot 5 or so deer with them with great results. Kinda like the price better and not having to band them.

I'd think either will work well for you

Best blood trail I've seen. This buck went almost 125 yards, surprisingly

View attachment 187595

Vego's nightmare at the end of that trail!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts