Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new here I have to ask. I decided I am going to buy a new Excalibur Crossbow, and would like to know where I should check for the best deal. I decided not to buy from any Big Box stores because I need help with selecting all the accessories.

·
Registered
42 Posts
where are you at in wisconsin?

i bought from a dealer near here that i have had great luck with in the past. NOT so much with the excalibur. wrote the owner an email, and he did get back to me and was extremely apologetic. however, if i had to do it all over again, i would have read up on it here first, then did exactly as you just did and ask who to deal with. i have seen some GREAT deals after i bought mine, and i could have saved a bunch if i had done it your way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where are you at in wisconsin?

i bought from a dealer near here that i have had great luck with in the past. NOT so much with the excalibur. wrote the owner an email, and he did get back to me and was extremely apologetic. however, if i had to do it all over again, i would have read up on it here first, then did exactly as you just did and ask who to deal with. i have seen some GREAT deals after i bought mine, and i could have saved a bunch if i had done it your way.
I am about 40 miles south of those Green Bay Packers. Go Pack.

Yes, I trusted a local business to get me set up too. Not the owner's fault or mine, just bad luck I guess. Poor customer service cost me money and the Company a customer. I contacted Wyvern and they will take care of me next week. He said they are at the ATA show, and are moving into a new building. Now to start putting the new set up together. To be sure I will be asking on here what I should do for stuff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I ordered that Micro 380 from Dave on the 12th, and it's the 14th and has arrived from the East Coast to Wisconsin in two days! Now that right there is service. And... free extra goodies. yay me.

And of course the questions begin. It came with BE 16.5 Dragon Claws with Rhino nocks, all three vanes are white, so does it matter which one goes in the track, or should I mark one and shoot them?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds great with the Dragon Claws I believe
Dave uses the 110 brass inserts not sure of the weight with the Rhino nocks but that will give you about 290-300 grains depending on the weight of the nock then add your broadhead you’ll be at least 400 total arrow weight which should shoot great out of that bow. On the nocks really doesn’t matter since your shooting flat nocks but like stated above you can mark them and see what shoots the best, don’t think it will be that big of difference with a 16.5 shaft.
Give us your reviews.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds great with the Dragon Claws I believe
Dave uses the 110 brass inserts not sure of the weight with the Rhino nocks but that will give you about 290-300 grains depending on the weight of the nock then add your broadhead you’ll be at least 400 total arrow weight which should shoot great out of that bow. On the nocks really doesn’t matter since your shooting flat nocks but like stated above you can mark them and see what shoots the best, don’t think it will be that big of difference with a 16.5 shaft.
Give us your reviews.
Yes, Dave told me the arrows he sent along, (Dragon Claws), weigh 300gr, and with a 100gr target tip, or these Slick Trick 100gr I am at 400gr total. The book that comes with that bow says stay above 350gr so I am all set with that part of it. I may go with a little heavier Slick Trick to see how they fly but first I have to learn more basics. This is all new to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I ordered that Micro 380 from Dave on the 12th, and it's the 14th and has arrived from the East Coast to Wisconsin in two days! Now that right there is service. And... free extra goodies. yay me.

And of course the questions begin. It came with BE 16.5 Dragon Claws with Rhino nocks, all three vanes are white, so does it matter which one goes in the track, or should I mark one and shoot them?
Them Rhino nocks are really tough and the Quill arrows shoot spot on at all yardages when I'm shooting my diy hog targets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up a gently used Excalibur Micro on eBay in the last of 2021.It just needed some minor repairs. The Excalibur Company folks were very helpful in service over the phone in sending the parts right out. It's a really nice crossbow. Its smaller size is a plus and really does well shooting behind my ghostblind runner ground blind.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have found my Micro to shoot anything I have well. Heaviest I tried were 19” Executioners with 150 grain Rage Trypan at total weight of 468 grains.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts