Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I recently sent my BearX IntenseCD to be modified to work with with the Carbon Express CCD setup. I was so impressed I sent my TS370 (my personal favorite) to have this done. Folks that do not know of Farm Deer's machinist, CCD, CAD engineering background the finish build will meett or exceed any OEM standards.

Also, he has created a work around for those that use HHA Optimizers so the CCD rope will not interfere with the HHA yardage wheel.

To be continued!

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Farm Deer is doing another modification for me, TS370.

Look how level the string is to the shooting rail. I don't have it yet but I will soon. FYI: Farm Deer has these CCDs at his shop if you are interested in having CCD built for your TS370 or TS series style Xbows.

Shoot on!

This is my planed archery weapon of choice when I go to Colorado in August. To be continued.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Okay, here is the finished product. I am taking this rig west to hunt Antelope in 4 weeks. Gotta get the red dot dialed in with the correct HHA tape. I'm ready for some red dot time. This dawg is going to hunt!

Marty's Magic Strings
Carbon Express CCD crank setup
Sig Sauer Romeo5 Red Dot Sight

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today, I shot from every odd yardage starting from 20 yards out to 115 yards with my TS370 Xbow. I am so dialed in for that legit kill zone out west (60 yards). Even surprised myself at 115 yards. I guessed on the the tape after shooting at 100 yards and all 3 shots hit the target. Kinda cool to pull that off and track the arrow impacting the target. I now have it marked on my HHA Optimizer wheel/tape for future recreational revisits. Nothing to brag about but I hit the damn thing and to me that is an accomplishments. ;)

I spent a total of 2.5 hours shooting and walked to and from for a total of 1.9 miles. Gotta say I was tired but a good tired. The shinning moment today has nothing to do with shooting. Farm Deer's Carbon Express CCD modification stole the show for me. All that cocking I did had zero stress on my back. The Carbon Express CCD setup is far superior to crank vs Barnett's current offering. Also, I had Farm Deer convert one of my BearX rope cocking sleds to work with the CCD unit. The BearX sled fits perfectly on the TS370 flight rail. The CCD modification more then passed the test! So glad I did this.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Nice shooting and beautiful scenery.
The Carbon Express crank cocking device is fare superior to Barnett's system.
Thanks for sharing.
All the best.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amen to that! Like that the CCD Is separate from the Xbow for that very reason.

Reactions: bunnyrabbit
1 - 7 of 7 Posts