Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new TS370 as a gift for a good friend to get him into hunting. I sighted in between hunts at my Lake Martin property in Alabama.

1. I added 1/8" rubber shims to level out the bow string on the shooting rail. FYI: No audible or vibration difference vs my metal shims on my June 2018 TS370 build.
2. All Shots tested on stock TS370 Scope....... Never tried one before and I was pleasantly impressed. There is a huge gap between 1st and 2nd reticle per my tests. I will say it can get confusing with so many CH's and no numbers but it does work.
3. 1st CH sighted in at 20 yards.
4. 2nd CH had to move back to 40 yards. Yikes, big gap difference but its accurate.

See pics below. Not bad for a $275. One other note. March 2019 build two differences from my June 2108 build TS370.

1. Strings on March 2019 build are red/black and June 2018 strings are grey/black.
2. March 2019 Quiver bracket is different. Cheaper build to me but does work. Man, are those rubber arrow holders tight. Goodness, felt like I was going to brake an arrow to snap them in. Hopefully, it will loosen up.
3. March 2019 build: no teflon tape in the cable slide chamber on the rail stock.
4. I am impressed with the Barnett Arrows. They shoot quite accurately and as good as BloodSports. Nice job Barnett.
5. This Xbow is now a legit shooter out to 40 yards. I did my shooting off the back of a chair so I was not as steady as my primos shooting stick. Shots will improve. Score!
6. Need a fix if there is one. The Butt stock will come off if I go back to fair. How do I fix that? I sure don't want to return to Barnett after I have sighted in and modified with shims.

Iron Metal Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

Shadow Walkway Grass Asphalt Road surface

Tree Soil Plant

Soil Tree Plant Compost Waste container

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Tom put small pieces of gorilla tape on top of rail between pin holes. I also use the 1/8 rubber shims. Brother you are a true friend with a gift like that. My best friend in high school got me into hunting. I can never thank him and his family enough.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yikes, more than two differences. I started to ramble with my thoughts and the differences added up beyond two. :eek::D:cool:

I spent all day in a tree climber. One one, two, three Gentlemen Jacks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tom, thanks for the info. I still have to sight in both of my TS370 's. I am really surprised that you went from 20 yards to 40 on the second crosshair.

Did you get any distances on the rest of the crosshairs? I would be curious what those distances would be. If you decide to find out the distances on the bottom 3 crosshairs would you please post it here.

Personally I wouldn't be worried about the buttstock coming off. I actually removed my buttocks and put some lubricant on the tube to help it slide easier.

Thanks again. GS

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GS, you are more than welcome. No, I did not go further back. I was curious on the 2nd CH. I started at 28 yards and was shooting 5 plus inches high on the target. So I kept going back to 39 plus yards (I rounded off) to 40 yards on the 2nd CH for the 40 yard shot.

Important Note: I think the total grain weight for arrow and tip is 380grains. Maybe 400. I'm at the lake hunting and I did not bring my scales to weigh the arrow. Also, this Xbow goes to another level with the Bowstring level with little to now pressure on the shooting rail.

If one was thinking outside the box they'd can find Excalibur speeds scopes for $50 dollars on Ebay. Non illuminated but deadly accurate once dialed in out to 60 yards. That's noteworthy. Also, to me the DeadZone scopes triangle reticles look great through the scope. To me the best.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tom put small pieces of gorilla tape on top of rail between pin holes. I also use the 1/8 rubber shims. Brother you are a true friend with a gift like that. My best friend in high school got me into hunting. I can never thank him and his family enough.
HT, thanks for the Gorilla tape fix. Duly noted.

·
Registered
151 Posts
GS, you are more than welcome. No, I did not go further back. I was curious on the 2nd CH. I started at 28 yards and was shooting 5 plus inches high on the target. So I kept going back to 39 plus yards (I rounded off) to 40 yards on the 2nd CH for the 40 yard shot.

Important Note: I think the total grain weight for arrow and tip is 380grains. Maybe 400. I'm at the lake hunting and I did not bring my scales to weigh the arrow. Also, this Xbow goes to another level with the Bowstring level with little to now pressure on the shooting rail.

If one was thinking outside the box they'd can find Excalibur speeds scopes for $50 dollars on Ebay. Non illuminated but deadly accurate once dialed in out to 60 yards. That's noteworthy. Also, to me the DeadZone scopes triangle reticles look great through the scope. To me the best.
Out of curiosity what grain tips were you using ? I'm planning on sighting in mine with 100 grain and 125 grain tips. Having 2 bows, I can do it independently and see the difference in distances. When I get around to doing this, I will post my results here.

I am waiting to dial my scopes in . Right now it's way too cold and too much snow on the ground. Farm Deer is graciously helping me with the parts on his modification for the CCD on the TS370. I installed the CCD on both of my bows and once I get the parts, I'm going to drill and tap mine. Man, I can't wait.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use 100 grain tips to shoot flatter. I gain about 8fps with that setup. Conversely, 125 grain tips will shoot slightly slower but pack more KE for deeper penetration. Both will easily pass through a deer at 20-40 yards from my personal experience.

Others may add comments to help as well.

Reactions: Goose Slayer

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds on point. I've purchased 3 TS370's. Sold one and regretted it, my 2nd TS370 arrows were 300 grain as well, I just didn't weigh this last Xbow purchase so would assume the arrows weigh 300 grain as well. Note, March 2019 build, the fletchings are now 3" not 4" like my previous TS370's.

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.