Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is hard to type.. Perhaps it was my mistake for having the expectation of perfection based on previous reviews.

Farm deer decided upon himself I did not need to know in his opinion one of the strings that were provided to him to install on my xbow were to long (in his opinion), and instead of informing me that the string was to long and giving me the opportunity to discuss with the string builder and send the correct length. He went ahead and installed said string on my xbow and “making it fit” instead of having me send him the correct size string and avoiding this issue.

The simple fact of him not disclosing this issue until I caught it, is pretty shady.

Farm deer kept telling me I sent him the strings, I (Farm deer) did not make them. He simply is missing the point. At this point who ever made the string is irrelevant. It’s like someone giving you a fan belt for a ford and trying to install it on a bmw.... sure you can make it fit, but Is that really the best option.. how about you inform the client and give them the opportunity to get you the right belt first...

My 3 year could plainly see it’s super uneven, it shot perfect last week, but after the strings settle it may cause an issue when the string rubs against the cam next month..

A simple apology might have sufficed, but denying any culpability of wrongdoing whatsoever is just wrong...

I’m not by any stretch of the imagination an authority on crossbows. But, I can see when something’s not symmetrical that should be...

It’s just ridiculous that something so easily fixed was just decided the newbie will never notice....serving string do not need to be twisted and y strings do not need to be centered... perhaps they don’t and everyone on this site is wrong and Farm deer is right!!!!

Well maybe it’s just me I’m 0-2 on tuners from this site... perhaps, silly me I expect things to done right, not “ made to work”.

I have not tried the sweet looking CCD mod he made.

The process was perfectly fine, seemed like a nice guy. Made me a nice deal on the mod. I gave him my brand new ccd I just bought after buying his previous mod only a month earlier.

So unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
People getting ripped off on "Supertuning" is pretty common on the Barnett side of the forum. Once we can't trust each other how much fun will that be.
Oncebitten

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
I think you will be better served to call Farm Deer to work things out. He's a good person and I don't know all of your story but I'm very happy with the mods he has done for me. As for strings, I can't comment. That's between you two but I would not assume he would take advantage of anyone less a newbie.

I sincerely hope you get things worked out. Good luck!

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Farm deer was extremely condescending, and admitted no wrong... That relationship is destroyed. Apparently, he gave me an incredible deal, even though I turned down his first CCD offer as I just purchased his CCD roller mod. He gave me a deal I could not refuse...but, since I did not pay a premium price for his service, i received a rush piss poor job....

Tell me how happy would you be if you received the garbage string job he sent me....

I’m definitely not saying he does not do an exceptional job for an established member such as yourself! He just rushed through mine to get it out the door.

·
2,771 Posts
Not sure what happened on your deal with FD, none of my business. What you show in the pics has little or nothing to do with the length of the string. If your pics are accurate and from the same angle, you need to remove a half or full twist from the upper side cable yoke, and add a half or full twist to the bottom side cable yoke. Remove from the top, add to the bottom the same amount, and it should straighten out the cam and your synch of the cams should not be affected much, if at all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not feel comfortable making any changes and making a bad situation completely non functional. I personally have only two choices blow up the tune I just received (pretty confident the rest of the tune was done well) and have the strings restrung or just shoot the xbow and hope for the best as long as it lasts.

I’ll go out this week and shoot, this issue is it shoots exceptionally well now according to farm deer. I’m just worried about how well it will shoot in a month from now after everything settles.

Thank you for the suggestion.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regarding the string length, I have no idea I’m just going off of what farm deer told me as the reason the strings are the way they are....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Farm Deer scammed him and then blamed Marty's strings.
Two scams for the price of one. If I was Marty or Xccal I would be pissed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
This supertune scam has become a problem on the Barnett forum. Only the names have changed since the last one. Hmmm
Oncebitten

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One last comment and I’m done talking about the worst string install I have ever seen.

I remember when farm deer was installing the string, I specifically ask him how are martymig’s strings. He said they were made perfectly and I messaged martymig on farm deers praises. So I find it awfully convenient that he threw martymig under the bus, when I served up the perfect opportunity for him to tell me they were to long?

Martymig’s only possible reason his string was to long was farm dear untwisted his string when he thought he was twisting it. I lend credence to this by my serving not being twisted at all.

So it is my assumption that farm deer was 100% negligent in a faulty install by unraveling martymig’s perfect length string, thus making it longer by not paying attention and installed an unraveled string...

Farm dear is too proud with an enormous ego to match to admit he made an egregious error and offer some compensation for his mental lapse....

Happy hunting!!!!

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Good reason not to own a Barnett or deal with so-called “supertuners”.

Reactions: Oncebitten
1 - 11 of 11 Posts