Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Sent my TS390 to Farm Deer to install new string, shim riser, carbon express CCD mod and overall tuneup.

Super excited to get the bow back next week, to see how martymig strings are and the overall improvement in performance and that new sweet looking CCD mod.

Stay tuned...

Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Xccal, good luck and look forward to your assessments. You will be impressed! Can't wait to see pics!

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will do that just doing a basic test after he put the string on, he said was shooting sub 1 at 50.

Th real testing starts tomorrow...

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
I will do that just doing a basic test after he put the string on, he said was shooting sub 1 at 50.

Th real testing starts tomorrow...

Already impressed at those specs! What arrows?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had Jerry from tap nation make me 24 Executioner black eagles 6 for practice 18 for hunting and backups...

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Good luck! You look set for 2020 hunt season.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
There has been much talk on the 370 but little in the way of a in depth review on the 390 and its capabilities.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are a quite few people here on CN that own a TS390. It is surprising that a practical in the field review has not been done. Unfortunately, I’m going on my 2nd year of ownership and this is my first crossbow. I’m not the one to give any insight as to the performance of the crossbow as I have nothing to compare it to.

From reading reviews I’ve pieced together who’s talented in a string building (martymig), tuning, designing an building top quality mods (Farm Deer). Which has allowed me to shoot a TS390 with far superior specs, then when I purchased from Barrett.

I’m not sure why, but I have only seen 1-2 videos of someone actually deer hunting with this crossbow. Is it because the market is saturated with so many manufacturers and models? Is it because it’s just not that good for hunting or just so many better options. Could be that the sport has not amassed in popularity like bow hunting and rifle hunting as it pertains to recording your hunts for YouTube.

Being new to this environment, I could be completely wrong....

As it stands I’m 100% satisfied with the TS390.
Have not had one issue with the bow after the initial tune from b cross.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I like my 390, it is a little heavier than the 370,more kick but not bad, not as easy to cock but still not bad. Faster, both are accurate to 50. This is as far as I have shot either. Trigger are excellent. I am hoping FD clues us in on some distance accuracy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Farm deer is has completed the tune and will fabricate the CCD tomorrow.

With the 425gn executioners (from Jerry at Tap Nation) Farm deer stated it’s accurate hole for hole out to 60, that’s as far as the testing went.

Farm Deer does not chrono, but speed is secondary considering the pinpoint accuracy out to 60 yards. Combination of farm deers skill and tap nation matched arrows I’m sure are what make this possible.

Could not be more pleased.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Farm deer is has completed the tune and will fabricate the CCD tomorrow.

With the 425gn executioners (from Jerry at Tap Nation) Farm deer stated it’s accurate hole for hole out to 60, that’s as far as the testing went.

Farm Deer does not chrono, but speed is secondary considering the pinpoint accuracy out to 60 yards. Combination of farm deers skill and tap nation matched arrows I’m sure are what make this possible.

Could not be more pleased.

Yep, accuracy kills!

You gonna like that CCD setup on your TS390. It's a completely different expereince cocking a Xbow with Carbon Express silent brake system. Even pull equals that added layer of accuracy too.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
My mistake- was not hole for hole at 60 was 30. Oops
I would take those results every day and night of the week!
:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
update
Farm Deer has finished the tune and installed the new carbon express CCD mod. Shimmed riser .057, installed new strings, dialed in my scope and added some spacers to the riser.

I’ll attach the pics he sent...

That was a 60 yard shot and he said he could shoot the xbow all day at 60 with hole for hole accuracy.

Amazed at the CCD mod, the pull is almost completely horizontal.

Nice job on the string martymig. They look amazing.

It’s a good thing Jerry(tap nation), Your arrows were up to the task. Exceptional!!!!

Should have the xbow back this Saturday.

Happy hunting!

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
That is simply outstanding! You made a great decision. Not sure how many more Carbon Express CCD's Farm Deer has left but this is what Barnett should have designed. Built in silent brake. The shims (green) are legit. Just more speed but more importantly string longevity.

You are officially ready to hunt! Go get'em!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts