Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
So I have a new WR INVADER 400. Dead on with fild tips. Rage hypos and nap kill zone hit the same spot just 6or 7 inches left what do I do?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Are you using the same shafts with each style tip? Using different shafts will give different results.
I get same results using Spitfires now for over 20 years using the same shafts that I grouped with field tips.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
So without a press or knowledge how would I get timing corrected? All I have here is bass pro and they tried to sell me the wrong dampening kit.

Not having a press is a good reason to get one or to not get a bow that needs to be pressed.
:(

·
Registered
990 Posts
sounds to me like right side of the xbow is tiny bit tighter, be it on cables or string cant know, cocked and uncocked ata could be one to check, cocked ata might be 1mm closer to rail on right side

(DISCLAIMER: do not harm or lose fingers while measuring cocked crossbow)

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Alright so things appear to be developing now. All of the arrows I had used had been used and gone through an older target. I tried a new one today and holly cow it was way closer. Upon twisting my arrow there was the slightest of wobbles. I then went back to field tips to have them all hit left. The newer arrow that had not been shot through a target was dead on. 380 fps is a lot for an aluminum arrow. I'm gonna test some more soon . If they develop a wobble this fast, then I'm gonna swap over to carbons. Today I tested schwackers with trocars. Last couple of shots was with the new arrow. I sure can't wait to get this crap figured out, but it's starting to look like an arrow issue to my ignorant eyes....

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Alright so things appear to be developing now. All of the arrows I had used had been used and gone through an older target. I tried a new one today and holly cow it was way closer. Upon twisting my arrow there was the slightest of wobbles. I then went back to field tips to have them all hit left. The newer arrow that had not been shot through a target was dead on. 380 fps is a lot for an aluminum arrow. I'm gonna test some more soon . If they develop a wobble this fast, then I'm gonna swap over to carbons. Today I tested schwackers with trocars. Last couple of shots was with the new arrow. I sure can't wait to get this crap figured out, but it's starting to look like an arrow issue to my ignorant eyes....

If you want high quality arrows that do not cost a fortune, I suggest 20" Blood Sport
Witness which have a 95 grain brass insert. The arrow less point averages 327 grain.
The 22" Blood Sport Witness weighs the same but has a 77 grain brass inset.
These arrows come with 1/2 moon nocks that are pushed in.
The arrows are very high quality, built in China for Plano Synergy.
They are available at some Wal Marts and on Amazon.
A well tuned crossbow, a good rest and no wind, these arrows are extremely accurate.

I am shooting the 20" with thousands of shots on them as I do a lot of target shooting.
The only thing I suggest is pull the nock and insert a small rod and tap the insert out.
The reason being, there is very little groove to hold glue. I did this to all mine and then
re installed the insert using a wee dab of Gorilla Glue. If one doesn't and shoots broad
heads you could end up losing the broad head in the target.

Aluminum arrows are not suited for the high draw weigh crossbows. They bend too easy.
I have even tried the aluminum magnum with similar results.

Wishing you all the best with what ever you decide.
Take care.

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I ordered some nocks and relievers to try on some carbon bolts I already have. I'm kinda regretting buying the WR. I love the bow but it's need for alpha nocks only is a bit picky and frustrating.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I ordered some nocks and relievers to try on some carbon bolts I already have. I'm kinda regretting buying the WR. I love the bow but it's need for alpha nocks only is a bit picky and frustrating.

We (household) lost 6 grand to bows, due to that ridiculous nock.
I can assure you that 10 point lost a very wealthy customer (goes through bows like candy at Halloween) in my wife who bought one 10 point after another and not only missed a lot of deer due to those nocks but also wrecked a bow due to those nocks.
Worst invention since the deer view mirror or the Puckett broadhead.

I feel a tinge of sorrow for anyone using those nocks because it's not a matter of when they will fail/ruin your day...It's a matter of when.

I know I will never look at a 10 point (no matter what) after seeing her bows which required them and the horror show that I witnessed first hand.
Maybe someday when they smarten up but not till then.
Simply the dumbest design ever introduced in the required arrow category.

10 point has been fighting with nock designs for a long time. They are very stubborn and not very smart, when it comes to nocks and arrows that they choose to sell with their bows.

There are better nocks that you can use with the 10 point and they are/have been spoken of on this site.
Look around and get rid of those worthless pieces of junk.

If you want to know how I really feel.... PM me.
I dont want to get nasty on the board.
;)

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well after reading yalls posts I went and shot more of my un fired arrows. All mechs exact same poi as fp at 35 yards. Muzzy trocar was 2 inches low. This is perfectly acceptable for me I guess aluminums just bend easy and need to be watched. I hate the alpha nocks but love the bow enough to accept them kinda like a pretty girl with a mole on her neck. Thanks for everyone's input I'm feeling great about my selection again.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Well after reading yalls posts I went and shot more of my un fired arrows. All mechs exact same poi as fp at 35 yards. Muzzy trocar was 2 inches low. This is perfectly acceptable for me I guess aluminums just bend easy and need to be watched. I hate the alpha nocks but love the bow enough to accept them kinda like a pretty girl with a mole on her neck. Thanks for everyone's input I'm feeling great about my selection again.

An arrow spinner is cheap and far better than rolling an arrow on a table or spinning it like a top.
Also great for seeing if the head is tracking perfectly with the shaft as spinning will show misalignment as a wobble at the heads tip.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts