Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get to poke my head on here much and I don't buy a lot of crossbows anymore but I wanted to hop on and say that I'm happy with a recent purchase. Bought a Ten Point Turbo S1 from Wyvern Creations this week. It comes with a Range Master scope...which is pretty decent but I set it up with a Vortex Hog Hunter scope. It's big and heavy but I used it for both tournaments and hunting and it's great in low light.

Shooting tournaments with the vertical bow now doesn't leave much time for playing with crossbows but I get to take a few shots now and then. I'm shooting the factory Pro Elite arrows that average 405gr finished weight. I shot it through my personal chrono and got 370fps and I'm good with that. It's the quietest bow in this design that I've shot. Lot of times these narrow, forward limb designs are loud but I'm pleased with how smooth and "quiet" this bow is.

Best crank on the market...just my opinion and a good trigger. Very slight bit of travel after you hit the wall on the two stage trigger but it's minimal. Even with the heavy scope the bow is comfortable for me to carry. I only have about 25 or so shots but no wear so far. Sighted it in after dark, free hand. Took it out the next day in good light at 25yd and shot one arrow to make sure it's on....and it was.

For $1300 (and I know that's not cheap) it's a good buy. I would love to try a 505 but it just wasn't in my budget. I looked at Ravin, Excalibur and a few of the other cheaper Ten Points and just felt for the money this was the best deal out there. The green looks much better in person than online. My only regret is not getting Wyvern to put a soft touch finish on it before buying. I think that would have topped things off. Very happy with it and though no one crossbow is for everyone I think a lot of people will be happy with this one

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Bag

·
13,210 Posts
$1,300.00 ... in merchandise the way the Democrats have unleashed high prices & inflation is a good investment. During high inflation you want to own material "stuff" because funny money is being devalued. Since Biden was elected the money they've just printed has expanded the base by 40%. Everyone should get on the horn to Wyvern and get that crossbow you've been coveting while you still can...lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey new guy here i just got the S1 on Thursday it took 4 shots to sight in at twenty yards at the shop i bought it from it was shooting right i think i had to do 85 clicks left on scope and 15 down to be dead on first shot was at very edge of bag and about 5 inches high this crossbow is awesome so much fun to shoot albeit i only shot it 4 times just wondering what do you guys use for string wax and rail lube and what other maintenence i need to be aware of.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
hey new guy here i just got the S1 on Thursday it took 4 shots to sight in at twenty yards at the shop i bought it from it was shooting right i think i had to do 85 clicks left on scope and 15 down to be dead on first shot was at very edge of bag and about 5 inches high this crossbow is awesome so much fun to shoot albeit i only shot it 4 times just wondering what do you guys use for string wax and rail lube and what other maintenence i need to be aware of.
A high quality product is the Trident Silicone Grease available on the internet
in a 2 ounce jar. This product does not dry out or gum up like wax but stays
moist. I use it on the bowstring, servings, cables and a light coat on the rail.
A wee bit goes a long way. I use a small paint brush to put it on. Shooting 8
shots before retrieving my arrows, I lube every 8 or 16 shots as required.
Bottle Liquid Ingredient Paint Drink

Wishing you all the best with the new crossbow.
Take care.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts