Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we need more turkey hunters. These little corn bandits are eating all my deer food. I don't like it and the deer don't either.

Attachments

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Not to worry Dan. The deer and the turkey will eat together and if one looks at the other long enough, the turkey will vacate the feeder. Also, the turkey won't stay and eat all the corn, just what they want for that time, unlike other species of animals. I add Milo to my feeders in the spring. Something I've noticed about Ohio is I see auto corn feeders are being used there more often now a days when you never saw them there in past years. They are a MUST in Texas. What county do you hunt?

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This feeder is one of two on our QDM property in Vinton county. That field in the background is clover and chicory which is getting destroyed right now. And the other feeder is at the edge of a buckwheat patch which is almost gone.
We pull the batteries from the feeders during turkey season as it is illegal to feed them here in Ohio during turkey season. There is a pond, a trophy rock, and 2 mineral stations as well. I have several locations between the pond and this field scouted for bow season. I hope to get my stands in place in august when we start planting our fall and winter crops.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts