Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like a good answer to this question,
As a beginner crossbowman,I have heard ,actually,answers from 3 sources,all reliable,first,Bear Archery says no ,not on that bow( Bear Saga 405)keeping in mind as Mfg. Any mod.beyond factory spec. can't be ok'd. ( Litigation) The local archery pro shop says it CAN be turned down,same as a compound bow. My friend,who has many years experience with bow's AND compound bows ,says NO,it should not be turned down as even though it is similar in construction and attachment of the bow limbs to the riser ,to a compound bow,the extra energy involved in a compound crossbow makes it risky and dangerous to the bows integrity to do so. Any for sure answers out there? Simply for my own personal knowledge,for that reason and others the bow stays at factory specs,(210 lbs pull)really awesome bow,extremely fast and very accurate, I have sighted in with no problems from 10 yds out to 60 yds. And for now my preferred hunting range is 40 yds ,well within the bows ccapabilty ( and mine!) Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
NO. The riser is not designed for that and neither are the limbs.

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much,just bow to show you ,pro shops can be wrong.thats why I like to learn how to myself.thanks again.
I am looking for sources for tech. Manuals also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts