Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
190 Posts
I watch The Choice with Ralph and Vickie Cianciarulo. I haven't seen the one mentioned on Excalibur's website yet.

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering if there was any other shows than The Choice. I'm actually on the Archer's Choice/ The Choice, Posse Team. Because I am one of the only members that is allowed to use a crossbow in the state I live, this year I will be hunting exclusively with a crossbow for whitetails here in Ohio. Look for me on the show next spring.

·
190 Posts
Cool...I have know Ralph and Vickie a long time. I will look you up then. I am thinking about heading to Canada for a beat hunt with my Desert Stryker. I used to shoot in the Archer's Choice archery range Ralph and his mom owned in Berwyn/Cicero IL long before he ever met Vickie. Wish I could find myself a Vickie type gal, all the ones I meet hate hunting and want me to take up golf and sell my guns and archery stuff.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
I watch very little TV. As for hunting TV I like the shows that promote the subjects and ethics I like. Food plotting, QDM and ethical shows I love. The shows that appear to be one big infomercial directed to or at a specific product are a big turn off. I think a crossbow only TV show would be awesome. AS long as the sponsorship does not become a one sided buy this product and do it this way campaign. A crossbow only show produced the right way would only have a positive outlook for the crossbow nation. Maybe throw in some traditional bows and compound bows stuff too. I have ideas for just this sort of thing. It's one of the reasons I sent you the PM about where do you want to go from here Urban Legend. I am still waiting to purchase my CN beer cozies too! We should talk sometime I would love to pick your brain and exchange ideas some day.

·
Banned
402 Posts
outdoor channel

we watch outdoor channel and the only crossbow hunting i have ever seen was ted nugent shooting a crossbow, i wish they had a crossbow exclusive show..
i would say soon there will be one maybe next season?? we will see a crossbow shows.as interest grows and sponsors get more involved..$$$

·
64 Posts
We have the Versus cable channel here and I dont think I have ever found a show on Crossbows. I think an all crossbow show would be great.

·
Banned
402 Posts
barnett crossbow show

just watched a tv hunting show on outdoor channel sponsored by Barnett crossbows and acorn rage hunting deer in ohio,sat afternoon show,

Happy to see a hunting crossbow ....

·
665 Posts
I have seen Nuge hunt once with a x-bow and one time on versus I seen a crossbow elephant hunt???

Reactions: bowhunter-57

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Keith Warren has done several crossbow hunting shows with himself, his son Colton, and his wife Debra shooting a crossbow. I don't watch hunting shows much anymore because Dishnet took them off except for the Outdoor Channel. Whomever is in control of the current programming SUCKS!!!!! It's more fishing now and other outdoors sports.
I did bring this up to Horton a few years ago. As you can see, it didn't go far obviously. I'd watch it if it existed. Hell, I'd volunteer to host it with my whole Fam Damily Shooting! Grandkids, kids, and us old farts. You never know about the others shows WHEN they will air a crossbow show. I think it would go along way in helping with the politics of crossbow hunting if there was a place to privately watch and learn about it, for those who don't have a clue. It'll only cost @ $35,000.00 to do one, minus the commercial sponsors.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Archers Choice has crossbow shows once in awhile!

·
11,407 Posts
We must find ways to get crossbow hunts and products

into the major newstand bowhunting mags. Without that happening, crossbow exposure will continue to be very low and you are right we need the TV exposure too.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Urban Legend said:
Excalibur has sponsored a show called Team Backwoods or something like that. I don't think its aired yet, but it's coming.:D
But we can only watch so much of Bill and his wife shooting. Shucks! LMAO

·
Banned
402 Posts
wildgame nation

wildgame nation is the tv hunting show i like so much sponsored by barnett crossbows,/wildgame innovations/ it comes on sat at 5 pm kentucky time,on outdoor channel for 3 weeks in a row i watch it now,
That acorn rage products sure do work good on tv anyone try them as of yet?
Thank you for a very good crossbow hunting show,
if the predator shoot 384 fps at 650 dollars, as per several people who own them post like crossbow review and stored energy, I do not know why more people do not own them, I would think that predator crossbow would be on any crossbow shoppers short list of crossbows to consider owning. That puts it faster then a desert stryker and the ten points phantom. just falls short of the 404 fps of the stryker, anyhow love the crossbow show and wonder if anyone has tried the acorn rage,? wildgame innovations is the other sponsor..

It goes to show you, you can get rich in america with good products that work, in the hunting industry..
I bet a few people bashed him when he said he was going to sell bagged crushed acorns,lol now he has his own hunting show,lol
The barnett predator advertises 375 but some are getting 384 fps, more then one person is getting 384,fps
Thank you wild game inovations and barnett crossbows

·
11,407 Posts
And it's (Barnett)already being sold in the

Sportsman Guide:ack2: That's a bad sign.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Maybe some people are weary of a repeat blow up,etc.They may have their
problems worked out,but it will be some time before the past goes away.
Mine never blew up like what happened to awshucks,but I still encourage
the two people in our club to check with cotton balls before shooting.It
will come to pass,but like Moon said they are in Sportsman Guide,thats
not a good sign in my book!:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts