Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After using my brand-new Excalibur twinstrike a couple of times the limbs become slightly misaligned,I checked strings,limbs for cracks,nothing,fired 2 shots today heard a loud crack and it has become badly misaligned,no cracks no string problems.I seriously regret buying this expensive bow.

Attachments

·
3,910 Posts
Top limb on the right side is damaged. It may be a neutral plane break ( half way through the thickness of the limb). You may not see the usual splinters, but with the tiller that far off, something is damaged. Take it to an Excalibur shop and get the top limbs replaced. Also, check to see how tight the limb bolt is on the top right limb. I had two neutral plane breaks with Middleton limbs over the last 10 years. Both times, the limb bolt had loosened up without me realizing it. Gotta keep the limb bolts tight. Not saying that’s what happened to you, but it was a problem twice for me. Good luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Top limb on the right side is damaged. It may be a neutral plane break ( half way through the thickness of the limb). You may not see the usual splinters, but with the tiller that far off, something is damaged. Take it to an Excalibur shop and get the top limbs replaced. Also, check to see how tight the limb bolt is on the top right limb. I had two neutral plane breaks with Middleton limbs over the last 10 years. Both times, the limb bolt had loosened up without me realizing it. Gotta keep the limb bolts tight. Not saying that’s what happened to you, but it was a
problem twice for me. Good luck getting it fixed.
I'm UK which is a pain,I've contacted the dealer and he's going to email Excalibur

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top limb on the right side is damaged. It may be a neutral plane break ( half way through the thickness of the limb). You may not see the usual splinters, but with the tiller that far off, something is damaged. Take it to an Excalibur shop and get the top limbs replaced. Also, check to see how tight the limb bolt is on the top right limb. I had two neutral plane breaks with Middleton limbs over the last 10 years. Both times, the limb bolt had loosened up without me realizing it. Gotta keep the limb bolts tight. Not saying that’s what happened to you, but it was a problem twice for me. Good luck getting it fixed.
I checked the bolts they are real tight

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Wow! I have one too. I’ve only got about 20 shots through it. How many shots do you think you had. It shouldn’t do that for sure.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
When you get the new limbs on it, try adding a 100 grains (or more) to that arrow and then see how well it does.
525 grain arrow should take care of things like this, with this particular bow.
Also, if you believe the limbs are weak by design, you obviously want more arrow weight.

You have a great warranty. Use it.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Good luck, Ian.
I hope to get the xbows out next weekend, including the TwinStrike.
I think I have maybe 10 shots on it after changing the serving two times, so maybe 50-60 shots total.
It is soooo cool to shoot, balances and shoulders nice.
I hope they get the kinks out soon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had an Excalibur Micro 335 a few years ago because I thought it would be bullet proof. After a month or so and only about 50 shots, I had one limb that they replaced that was cracked and the string keep getting torn at the serving even after polishing the latches. At that point I was done. They will replace the limbs but hopefully that won't keep happening. I will say it was very accurate. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I had an Excalibur Micro 335 a few years ago because I thought it would be bullet proof. After a month or so and only about 50 shots, I had one limb that they replaced that was cracked and the string keep getting torn at the serving even after polishing the latches. At that point I was done. They will replace the limbs but hopefully that won't keep happening. I will say it was very accurate. Good luck.
That 335 was a problem child. We went through 3 sets of limbs.
That bow is now carrying a dangerous game arrow and no problems since.
Poor pockets.

·
Registered
695 Posts
To be honest, I didn't understand the reasons for making such a xbow in the first place.
How often do you get a second shot on an animal, only seconds later ?
And if you shoot both arrows simultaneously (assuming it is possible :rolleyes:), you have either two lethal hits or two embarassing misses.
Or did I miss something ?!?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
To be honest, I didn't understand the reasons for making such a xbow in the first place.
And if you shoot both arrows simultaneously (assuming it is possible :rolleyes:), you have either two lethal hits or two embarassing misses.
Kinda the same idea of having a double barrel shotgun or any multi-round rifle for hunting. I started hunting with a 30-30 single shot and never needed another round but I still had rifles which had clips.
I have had the opportunity for multiple shots while deer hunting and hog hunting, so were that a norm, I would likely consider such a bow.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Kinda the same idea of having a double barrel shotgun or any multi-round rifle for hunting.
... or the highly successful volley gun.
I would rather spend the extra money on a better model. Or better scope.
But that's me ...

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
When you get the new limbs on it, try adding a 100 grains (or more) to that arrow and then see how well it does.
525 grain arrow should take care of things like this, with this particular bow.
Also, if you believe the limbs are weak by design, you obviously want more arrow weight.

You have a great warranty. Use it.
What’s the best way to add some weight to the arrows and maintain accuracy?

My twinstrike shoots pretty nice. It doesn’t immediately feel like the limbs are over stressed, but maybe a heavier arrow is a good idea.

Reactions: 380

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
I had a need for a second shot last year on a big 10 which followed an 8 I shot. I was following the 8 after my shot to make sure I knew where he went. Noticed movement in the food plot and a nice wide 10 presented a shot right where I shot the 8. Granted, that will probably never happen again. But that is why I bought the twinstrike. You get two bucks in Michigan. That would have been a good day to tag out!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts