Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will be at local Dealer's tomorrow or Monday to shoot the TwinStrike.
If I like the Crank, I think one will be coming home with me.
They have 2 in stock.

Man o man, can hardly wait!
It was so nice to shoulder the TwinStrike back in early January or whenever it first came out, just before the COVID-1984 hit me.
Hard to focus on work now LOL!
I'd leave and go to Dealer's now but already had a 3pm meeting set up.
Bummer!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
They have 2 in stock.

It was so nice to shoulder the TwinStrile back in early January or whenever it first came out, just before the COVID-1984 hit me.
Bummer!
They are fun to shoot! Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Did you make sure it's legal where you live?
I am in Canada, they are made in Canada by Excalibur, 2.5 hrs from my home, the Excalibur Dealer is in my home town.
I am target shooting at a range where I am a Member.
So to put it bluntly, who cares LOL.
Now, if I was to go hunting with it, that is a different story and by all means, I would check with my Municipality to see what they say.
I am quite sure they would say "cool xbow, can we come with you?".
;)

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are fun to shoot! Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks Ramrod, you know it Bro.
Click, click, smack, smack.
I can hear the 2 arrows hitting now, milliseconds apart, with approx. 250+ ft-lbs total of KE and massive wounds.

Reactions: philztoy

·
Crossbow Nut
3,384 Posts
They have 2 in stock.

It was so nice to shoulder the TwinStrike back in early January or whenever it first came out, just before the COVID-1984 hit me.
Bummer!
Dyno, I'd be interested in hearing how the limbs are constructed. Taper, thickness, etc. Also would be interested in knowing if the limb tips have an extra slot for a slave string.
Thanks, looking forward to your review.

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dyno, I'd be interested in hearing how the limbs are constructed. Taper, thickness, etc. Also would be interested in knowing if the limb tips have an extra slot for a slave string.
Thanks, looking forward to your review.
Good luck Dynamo. Looks like a really nice bow!
Thanks Gents.
Will take more pics, measurements and ask lots of questions.
Maybe even a short video if someone is willing to hold the cell phone.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Thanks Gents.
Will take more pics, measurements and ask lots of questions.
Maybe even a short video if someone is willing to hold the cell phone.
Take a couple balloons with you, pin them to the target and let it rip for the video! Just make sure to put one on top of the other, not side by side......LOL

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I still haven't shot mine. Maybe this weekend. Looking forward to the test report Dynamo!

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I shot a few arrows tonight in between the frozen rain drops. I like this bow a lot!
That is what we're talking about!
As the Postal Workers say "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays us".
Better not show it to our neigborhood Canada Post dude, in case he goes postal one day LOL, JK!
I still haven't shot mine. Maybe this weekend. Looking forward to the test report Dynamo!
I know, it has been miserable around here Phil and it is snowing again right now.
But, Family is talking to me tonight and I have this zoned-out, smiling face because I am miles away in the bush, loading two arrows and pulling two triggers.
Very cool. Looks kin forward to your report
It sure is different and looks very cool, IMO.
Even the stock looks wild.

TwinStrike-MossyOak-Gallery1-2000.jpg

excalibur-twinstrike-crossbow-package-5_1500x1500.jpg

ExcaliburTwinStrike-TopBanner3a-1024x447.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Did you make sure it's legal where you live?
Just found this note on Excalibur's website:
The TwinStrike is legal in any state where crossbow hunting is legal.
It is at the bottom of the Overview Tab here:
Of course, when hunting, always ask the Municipality where you are hunting if crossbows are legal and if so, what the specs are.
Unless you are hunting for politicians, lawyers or bankers, then all is fair LOLOLOLOL, JK of course and no disrespect to any politicians, lawyers or bankers here, many of my Friends are good people in those professions,

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
In the pictures of the loaded arrow, the arrows could be cut quite a bit shorter but built to
the same weight (heavier insert and or points). This could possibly increase the speed due
to less friction.

I did this with different style crossbows (Barnett, Carbon Express and Rocky Mountain)
that have the open rail groove. Checking the depth of the groove, I was able to screw a
broadhead into the insert tight. I then a lined the broadhead-with insert up to match the
cock vane and installed the insert into the arrow shaft. The only down fault is one cannot
switch broad heads even of the same brand and weight as the thread of the other broad
head may put the blade of the broadhead at a different angle. This can be done with 2, 3
blade and some mechanical broad heads. I gained some speed as there was less arrow
shaft riding on the rail groove. Total arrow-point weight combination before and after was
400 grain.

A nice looking crossbow. Thanks for sharing.
Take care.

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In the pictures of the loaded arrow, the arrows could be cut quite a bit shorter but built to
the same weight (heavier insert and or points). This could possibly increase the speed due
to less friction.

I did this with different style crossbows (Barnett, Carbon Express and Rocky Mountain)
that have the open rail groove. Checking the depth of the groove, I was able to screw a
broadhead into the insert tight. I then a lined the broadhead-with insert up to match the
cock vane and installed the insert into the arrow shaft. The only down fault is one cannot
switch broad heads even of the same brand and weight as the thread of the other broad
head may put the blade of the broadhead at a different angle. This can be done with 2, 3
blade and some mechanical broad heads. I gained some speed as there was less arrow
shaft riding on the rail groove. Total arrow-point weight combination before and after was
400 grain.

A nice looking crossbow. Thanks for sharing.
Take care.
Holy canoli, Batman!
Bunny, it will take me a while to digest what you stated LOLOL!
I am an "aim and shoot" kinda guy.
But always trying to learn so thank you x100.
If you are in the Windsor area, feel free to stop in for a shoot any time!
I'm sure you have forgotten more than I know about xbows.
Cheers,
dynamo61
I'm not sure i'd trust Excal to tell me what's legal in states. They were clueless when I told them the Mag 340 wasn't legal in Colorado for any season.
For sure Muley.
Best to err on the side of caution, especially when dealing with firearms, bows and xbows.
No need to piss off the local Rangers.
Get one in a bad mood and lord knows you can be flagged for life.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I know. I was good friends with the warden we had for a long time. He retired and I haven't run into the new one yet. I'm hoping he's as good as the old one. I know for sure when he see's me with a crossbow in archery season he's coming after me.

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
BTW, my main reasons for checking out the TwinStrike stem from the fact that I have been waiting on a Ravin Press for 3 months now.
I have already shipped our TenPoint Vapor out for string change once after 500-ish shots.

Our Ravin has 400+ shots and is need of string/cable (actually looks like just the servings that loop around the Cams) change.

I have the strings and cables for our Ravin R26 and although the Dealer who we bought it from says they will change them no charge, they are 1-3/4 hours drive one-way.
Not bad in better weather but no way tis time of year.
Expedited shipping would be at least $150 there and back, with insurance, I'm sure.

So we will see how easy it is to change strings ourselves on this beast of an Excalibur.
Hope to go there around 2:30 this afternoon.

Chomping at the bit for sure...tick, tock, tick, tock.
Like a kid at xmas, sad but true and I admit it LOL.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I've got a press over here, but I don't think I can get across the border with it! Not to mention I don't know how to use it yet!

I hope you like the twinstrike! It feels pretty darn good. I may have plowed enough snow to get to a target this weekend just to shoot it for solidarity.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts