Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

Registered
May be so Robert.

But in this case, the Rhino nock is part of the Anti-DryFire mechanism, kinda like the Ravin nocks.
Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can figure out a way to use other nocks.

I sure as heck am not messing with them.
For $10 CAD (about $8.00 USD, dang the CAD $ is going up) per arrow/nock/100gr point, I ain't complaining.
We are used to paying 50+% more than that for arrows/nocks/points.
I am well aware of the new nock system but was not aware that they might be glued in as apparently you must be saying they can't be removed and put into other arrows. I was in no way suggesting in my prior post that you could use other nocks.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #43
Great..... now I want one..... thanks a lot dyno. You鈥檙e going to get me in trouble with mrs doe hunter. 馃槈
Oops!
:)
Well, do what I do and get her something nice too, like a new set of Taylor-Made golf clubs, cut to your height LOLOL, JK!

You know what, this is the one of the few times my Wife has guessed waaaaay high on the price of one of my toys.
She guessed $4k, prolly cause of the double barrels.

I had to show her the price tag of $2.2K CAD which was still stuck on the xbow because se would not believe me.
Good luck Doehunter.

Be back later this afternoon.
Hope to at least check the scope for level and shoot a couple arrows today.
Cheers,
dyna.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #44
I am well aware of the new nock system but was not aware that they might be glued in as apparently you must be saying they can't be removed and put into other arrows. I was in no way suggesting in my prior post that you could use other nocks.
Aha, never thought of that, thanks Robert.
That is why you are paid the big bucks.
I'll see if I can pull a nock out soon.
Cheers,
dyna.

Reactions: Oncebitten

Registered
I wonder when there will be a lighted rhino nock available? I am a huge fan of lighted nocks, I consider them almost mandatory for hunting. Especially now that we are running Tactacams

Premium Member
I wonder when there will be a lighted rhino nock available? I am a huge fan of lighted nocks, I consider them almost mandatory for hunting. Especially now that we are running Tactacams
That is a good question. I hope by next fall. The rino nocks I have are metal. Hope they can do a lighted nock version.

Registered
I鈥檝e heard that Lumenoks will work with the new system, maybe someone can confirm this.

Registered
I doubt that a lumenok will work as there is no notch like the new nock has.
Not totally sure I saw on an Excalibur video where they show how to decock the Twinstrike the first arrow he takes out of the bow has a luminated nock on it I thought it looked like a Lumenok and I read on another site they thought the Lumenok may work because of the small gap on the nock hopefully someone with a twinstrike can try this out and see.

Registered
Not totally sure I saw on an Excalibur video where they show how to decock the Twinstrike the first arrow he takes out of the bow has a luminated nock on it I thought it looked like a Lumenok and I read on another site they thought the Lumenok may work because of the small gap on the nock hopefully someone with a twinstrike can try this out and see.
I have shot Lumenoks out of Excals since around 2011. If you were to seat a lumenok far enough back to make that notch for the new nock to seat in you would stand an excellent chance of destroying the shaft of the arrow upon impact. Post the video you saw, it has to be on YouTube.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #52
Yaaay!
I am in the actual Excalibur Forums, same nick name.
See you Excal fellas there.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #54
Where is the excal forum?
For easy future reference, I have added the link in the first post of this thread:

Here it is as well:

Registered
I have shot Lumenoks out of Excals since around 2011. If you were to seat a lumenok far enough back to make that notch for the new nock to seat in you would stand an excellent chance of destroying the shaft of the arrow upon impact. Post the video you saw, it has to be on YouTube.
I believe that the rhino nock is simply a grove between the nock and shaft allowing the button to click down into for arrow retention. It makes me wonder if you had the right sized washer to place over a standard luminock before insertion, you could create the gap needed to accomplish the same effect but not slam the nock home into the shaft upon firing risking splitting the back end of the shaft.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #56
I believe that the rhino nock is simply a grove between the nock and shaft allowing the button to click down into for arrow retention. It makes me wonder if you had the right sized washer to place over a standard luminock before insertion, you could create the gap needed to accomplish the same effect but not slam the nock home into the shaft upon firing risking splitting the back end of the shaft.
Yes, it is for arrow retention but mainly for Anti-Dry Fire.

Registered
The two metal pieces on the side of the lumenoks have to make contact with the carbon on the arrow in order to work. So no you can't use an O ring between them. And that is also why some folks can't get their arrows to light up a lumenok properly as the arrows are not squared evenly and the contact points don't always touch.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #59
Ordered one last week and it's suppose to arrive Wednesday.
Alright, you will love it.
Hope to get some shots from 10 yards indoors today.
Of course, will fire both barrels at once after I'm confident the scope is ok at 10 yards.
Will share.

Registered
BTW, my main reasons for checking out the TwinStrike stem from the fact that I have been waiting on a Ravin Press for 3 months now.
I have already shipped our TenPoint Vapor out for string change once after 500-ish shots.

Our Ravin has 400+ shots and is need of string/cable (actually looks like just the servings that loop around the Cams) change.

I have the strings and cables for our Ravin R26 and although the Dealer who we bought it from says they will change them no charge, they are 1-3/4 hours drive one-way.
Not bad in better weather but no way tis time of year.
Expedited shipping would be at least $150 there and back, with insurance, I'm sure.

So we will see how easy it is to change strings ourselves on this beast of an Excalibur.
Hope to go there around 2:30 this afternoon.

Chomping at the bit for sure...tick, tock, tick, tock.
Like a kid at xmas, sad but true and I admit it LOL.
I have a Ravin press I would sell. Never even used it.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts