Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently a friend stopped by with this half done bow. Can anyone help by IDing this or interested in buying it?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Crossbow Nut
3,076 Posts
Looks like a no-name home project.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for the information. Since I am not able to finish this, is anyone willing and able to take on the challenge of finishing this project?

·
Crossbow Nut
3,076 Posts
Thank you all for the information. Since I am not able to finish this, is anyone willing and able to take on the challenge of finishing this project?

Looking at your project some more, it looks more like a slingshot project. Search here:

I'm pretty sure Jorg will be more helpful than we can be.

This slingshot trigger mek looks like it could be adapted.

Reactions: beervo2 and JOE PA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if anyone interested in this project. Pay shipping and packing materials and i will send this to you.I have no use and not a hoarder. Am honest what is in the pic is all I have. Leave a post

·
1,044 Posts
This is the "Ballista" from the 70's.
It uses speargun rubber that was housed in two plastic tubes that were mounted on each side of the stock (missing on yours). An end of each of the two rubber lengths is attached just fwd the trigger, and the other ends to a string which runs over the pulleys.
The grip in front of the trigger pivots forward, sliding the trigger mechanism to engage the string. Lever is swung back and the "slingshot crossbow" is cocked
Interesting anomaly in the crossbow world and collectable by some

1 - 9 of 9 Posts