Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interesting commentary from Uncle Ted. There is a message in there for the anti crossbow crowd to wrap their mind around too. Can't embed with html so I'll provide a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxMk9gHsXjg

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Thanks for sharing that. I'll be posting it on other forums and sharing with my address book. Uncle Teds a little nutty, but this is what he's good for. His thang. He actually now has been living on the other side of town where I live, but he lays real low. He used to live in Michigan, but the Texas Hillcountry called his name. Can't blame him at all. He hunted here all the time anyway, so may as well move closer. He hunts and films at the Y.O. Ranch in this area.

·
329 Posts
GG,

fwiw, i know Ted Nugent's wife (through Second Amendment Sisters), but not him. (btw, if you are NOT a sister of SAS, JOIN!!!)

his view on baiting is CORRECT, imVho. (the day i "had a fistfight with" a WT buck over my "doe in heat covered" boots,made ME "the bait". NOT fun. don't try it.)

btw, a CHUCKLE for you: i was working at the SAS booth at a local gunshow up here in northern VA, when a lady asked me what i was doing working at a booth for shooting women.
i told her that i was "one of the SAS brothers" & that my beloved was a founding life/charter member of the SAS.
the lady stood there for a minute, got a CONFUSED LOOK on her face & said, "I didn't know sisters could have brothers".

your www.friend, tn46

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gotta love Ted! Glad to hear that we are echoing his words through all of our campaigns. If it is legal where you live then use it. Support each other and hunting. GO CROSSBOW!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Nuge is a hard guy not to like until you get around him for a while. I was the La State Director for 3 years for TNUSA and the crossbow legalization was one of the projects. He wrote one or two sentences to me and that was it (To Pluck a Loon) article. I did the rest, he is not generally liked around here. He seems to have a dim veiw on the Christian right and the thing with Jim Zumbo really killed him. Insulting the American battle rifle (Zumbo) and then backing him up (Nugent) got them both an invatation to applogise to the Army at Ft Polk. After that we take care of ourselves, no need for the Nuge or Zumbo...but i agree on the baiting thing. Nothing orginal just being Capt Obvious.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You either love Ted or you hate Ted. I love him. And his music too. I grew up on it. He makes very clear and very direct comments from a common sense point of view.
But the end product is always pro hunter and pro American. I can't fault him for that. He has an unusual and often extreme way of conveying his message but the message never changes. All hunters, bow hunters, crossbow hunters, gun owners, target shooting enthusiasts unite. All hunters unite in general. I think if we want to keep organizations like peta at bay this is a good message.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Ted may be doing more harm than good. His lofty, metaphorically-peppered speech ( "mystical flight of the arrow"); his screwy "survivor-like" TV show that had lamebrains degrading themselves in outdoor activities - while he laughed maniacally; his preoccupation with killing for "back strap", has him coming of as an eccentric wacko.

·
342 Posts
buckeye dan said:
You either love Ted or you hate Ted. I love him. And his music too. I grew up on it. He makes very clear and very direct comments from a common sense point of view.
But the end product is always pro hunter and pro American. I can't fault him for that. He has an unusual and often extreme way of conveying his message but the message never changes. All hunters, bow hunters, crossbow hunters, gun owners, target shooting enthusiasts unite. All hunters unite in general. I think if we want to keep organizations like peta at bay this is a good message.
Whether or not you agree with Uncle Ted, this message is a good one, and after hearing it, maybe you should hear it again, because sometimes we do spend so much time fighting among ourselves that we do forget the real advesaries that are out there (the anti everythings)...so maybe you do not like Uncle Ted, and if you don't that is OK, everyone is entitled to their thoughts and opinions, but the message that he is trying to get across here is the same whether or not you are a fan of his and his methodololgy.
For me, I like Uncle Ted, a little crazy at times, but he does get a good message across...JMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts