Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Do you avoid mil dot reticles because you don't know how to use them?
Does magnification matter with a mil-dot scope?
And, no, Mil does not stand for military.
We promise not to throw out words like tangent, cotangents, fractions, and any other jargon that makes us sound fancy and leaves you confused."
Mil Dot Explained: Understanding & Using Milliradians

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Poor article for a xbow guy to read because everything is 100yds+. Now tell everyone what it means 100 yds in. That's the interesting part. BTW mil/moa line reticles are where it's at. Dots pfft.
Yes there is a way to have a xbow scope and, use any magnification you want anytime and, remember 2#'s to hunt with.

·
Registered
Wicked Ridge RDX400
28 Posts
I own both, and use both. I first learned MOA, so this math process is "hard wired" into my brain. The experts claim that MILL math is easier because it's based off of "base 10". This doesn't apply to me because my brain constantly converts the mills to moa , so it's an extra math step for me. In certain shooting circumstances I like MILLS because typical mill scope adjustments are a more coarse than moa. (notice I did NOT say mills are less precise). Performing repetitive MILL scope adjustments are quicker than moa. it's kind of comparable to a 8mm bolt and a 5/16-18 bolt. Both get the job done well, it's just what your preference is ! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts