Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It works, I think I have repaired over a 100 center servings and not a single known failure!

Scorpyd is having me reserve the center serving on all of their factory strings. The scorpyd tester shoots 1000s of shots a week and he says he has never seen anything like it.

Killer Instinct has a roll that they are testing so not sure what they are going to do!

I sent it to a couple of string makers who contacted me about it and I don't think either of them have tried it. I have no problem sending out a sample roll to a shop or string maker but if you ask for it at least try it.

Eric is selling it through South Shore @ Crossbow Serving - South Shore Archery if anyone is interested in trying it.

·
1,586 Posts
Since you asked......I did try it on a Nemesis and the results are good so far with a limited number of shots (35). I do hesitate to use it on a high poundage Excalibur because the draw weight is vastly different from compound crossbows. I cannot see how it will survive on my 440 BD or my 400 Suppressor. It is my experience that there is almost no warning when a latch finger cuts a string, especially with the serving that lays so flat like Kevlar does. There are some qualities of Kevlar that I don’t like for a serving and testing through some frigid temperatures is needed. In short, there is no way that I will use Kevlar on a customer’s string until it is tested in all conditions.
My original intent was to use both the 400 and 440 for hunting this year. When my Swat XP is ready to hunt with I will try it on the 440. I have my doubts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you asked......I did try it on a Nemesis and the results are good so far with a limited number of shots (35). I do hesitate to use it on a high poundage Excalibur because the draw weight is vastly different from compound crossbows. I cannot see how it will survive on my 440 BD or my 400 Suppressor. It is my experience that there is almost no warning when a latch finger cuts a string, especially with the serving that lays so flat like Kevlar does. There are some qualities of Kevlar that I don’t like for a serving and testing through some frigid temperatures is needed. In short, there is no way that I will use Kevlar on a customer’s string until it is tested in all conditions.
My original intent was to use both the 400 and 440 for hunting this year. When my Swat XP is ready to hunt with I will try it on the 440. I have my doubts.
If you remember you inquired about the serving, I didnt reach out to you. So I sent a roll to you in Canada free and after a couple of weeks I asked you once through PM if you had tried it you told me you would not be pushed so I stopped contacting you.

But, since you hesitate, you cant see how it will survive, there are qualities you dont like about kevlar and you have doubts I would suggest you should probably continue to use what you have always used. It is impossible to go into a non biased test with preconceived bias of any product. Thanks for the initial interest!

·
1,586 Posts
If you remember you inquired about the serving, I didnt reach out to you. So I sent a roll to you in Canada free and after a couple of weeks I asked you once through PM if you had tried it you told me you would not be pushed so I stopped contacting you.

But, since you hesitate, you cant see how it will survive, there are qualities you dont like about kevlar and you have doubts I would suggest you should probably continue to use what you have always used. It is impossible to go into a non biased test with preconceived bias of any product. Thanks for the initial interest!
If you reread my post here perhaps you will figure things out. It is all about Excalibur’s extreme latch pressure. In addition I think you should reread our PM exchange. You are distorting the content. I will assume you forget.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If you reread my post here perhaps you will figure things out. It is all about Excalibur’s extreme latch pressure. In addition I think you should reread our PM exchange. You are distorting the content. I will assume you forget.
In my response to you above I wasn't questioning your reasoning as valid or not, fact is you have a valid concern on the Excal Latch.

I was simply stating that if you have preconceived doubts you should consider not testing the Kevlar that's all.

As for the PM no sir I haven't forgotten it. The fact is I asked a question on the Swat XP thread, your response IMHO was out of line and could have been stated better. I answered you by saying "Fine"

That generated a PM by you where you actually said you apologized for the way you posted.

Then I tried to explain why I asked the question on the Swat XP thread and you completely misunderstood my intent so the PM went south. Both of us were out of line!

Boo, it is hard enough to get points across face to face but when folks are trying to convey opinions written instead of face to face there is huge opportunity for misunderstandings.

So with all due respect I don't believe I am distorting anything

·
1,586 Posts
Sorry Jerry, I’m not going carry on in a public display. I will however say one thing. I meant no harm in using the word dilute an never thought the word dilute would ever piss anyone off.
I was over it with zero bad feelings quite a long time ago.

Reactions: wildcatter

·
1,586 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jerry.....you are a great man ! When someone doesnt take the same stance as you....it isnt an attack on your person.

Sorry Jerry, I’m not going carry on in a public display. I will however say one thing. I meant no harm in using the word dilute an never thought the word dilute would ever piss anyone off.
I was over it with zero bad feelings quite a long time
Gentlemen, I'm not sure where your comments are coming from.

I'm in no way feeling attacked, A statement was made and I responded as concise and accurate as possible.

·
1,586 Posts
Gentlemen, I'm not sure where your comments are coming from.

I'm in no way feeling attacked, A statement was made and I responded as concise and accurate as possible.
Good, I’m cool.

·
1,586 Posts
I need a reserve for a deathstalker string!!!! :)
Jeff, if you want me to reserve your string with the material that Jerry sent me, mail it to me. It will cost you the postage to me. You can check with Norm, he’s pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I need a reserve for a deathstalker string!!!! :)
Give me a call tomorrow please at
813 521 4376

If you are in canada get with norm, if he needs more serving have him give me a call.

·
1,254 Posts
Jeff, if you want me to reserve your string with the material that Jerry sent me, mail it to me. It will cost you the postage to me. You can check with Norm, he’s pretty happy with it.
Excellent. Will get it to you!!

Much appreciated!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts