Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Crossbow Nut
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this jig years ago and hardly ever used it since I rarely ever shot anything that didn't use a Flemish string. Recently acquired a dang wheelie crossbow that's going to require E/L string and cables, so I decided to upgrade my ******* rig string jig.
It's made from 1" steel perforated square tubing which is very strong, but the pins are just made from soft steel and bend easily. Had a machine shop fab these new pins for me to make the jig stronger and more accurate.

Looking forward to making some good strings and cables for the project bow.

·
Crossbow Nut
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, the old pins on this jig were just 3/8" pieces of old bolts with a groove ground near the end to hold the string material from moving. It was horribly crude but would make a workable string for my little MK recurves.
Upgraded to these precision pins, and makes a tremendous difference. They let you stack the strands, keeping every loop the same length for a more precise build.
Not a pro jig but gets the job done. The pro jigs have feet on them that I don't like, prefer to clamp it stationary, or if you have a wooden bench, you can screw or bolt it down.
The holes are spaced on 1" centers, and you can cut out the spacing between holes you need adjustment for a fractional length.
Ladder
Metal Wood Plywood Steel
Wood Metal Hardwood Plywood Wood stain
Bench

·
Crossbow Nut
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can do it, plenty of youtube vids to show you how.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.