Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
So quick update. I talked to KI customer service and they absolutely would take care of me but I'd have to pay the pro shop labor. I bought it through Amazon so I'm just getting my refund back through them. I then called South Shore Archery to see if they had any in stock. They're already making me some bolts for this bow so I figured add in a new bow. Great guys (and girls) over there and they're going to take care of me and even save me a few bucks!
I talked to the archery shop by me and they don't get paid labor for the warranty parts they install on bows or crossbows. If you didn't buy it from them there is a charge. I wonder how many dealers are like that. They also had killer instinct crossbows they sold and almost all came back with limb failures.

·
2,811 Posts
The pro-shop down the road from me charges a one time fee of $50 if you didn't buy the bow from him to take over warranty issues (If they carry that brand of bow).... They have to compete with online and big box stores some how so that's his way.....

Mike

·
Registered
198 Posts
I talked to the archery shop by me and they don't get paid labor for the warranty parts they install on bows or crossbows. If you didn't buy it from them there is a charge. I wonder how many dealers are like that. They also had killer instinct crossbows they sold and almost all came back with limb failures.
Not good!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
The pro-shop down the road from me charges a one time fee of $50 if you didn't buy the bow from him to take over warranty issues (If they carry that brand of bow).... They have to compete with online and big box stores some how so that's his way.....

Mike
There you have it...dealers have to make money too. I wouldn’t expect a dealer to fix it for free if I didn’t buy it from them.

When it comes to warranty work you basically have two choices. Take it to a dealer and possibly pay for labor or sent it back to the factory and probably have shipping fees.

Maybe I should get in the business of selling aftermarket bow warranties that so I could make annoying phone calls to all you guys about your bows warranty being about to expire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
I purchased this bow and I have not shot it yet. Limbs Breaking is unacceptable!! I want reliable not a good Warranty Dept!!
Well I hear you!! I have come to believe the limb manufacturing technology has not caught up with users speed expectations!! It's either that or lack of Quality Control during the manufacturing process. We are asking the fiberglass to perform under very high stress levels. This in itself demands very strict adherence to the engineering instructions for manufacturing the limbs. With all the electronic equipment involved in manufacturing today I don't believe it can all be blamed on not following the guidelines set for curing, etc. That said maybe the fiberglass materials used just aren't up to the task in a consistent manner. Why do some people have no problems while others are trouble free? Some lots of limbs come out of the factory defective while some do not??

Bill

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I also wondered was this box dropped hard in shipping that somehow damaged the limbs? There was some scuffs on the box but nothing overly obvious that it was abused. I've seen fiberglass tent poles snap after someone tosses them on the concrete then the next time you flex them they pop.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
congratulations. enjoy :)

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
From what I have seen over the years it is mostly just the luck of the draw when you get a bad set of limbs. I had a set replaced back in 2012 and the replacement is still going strong. I have an Excal Matrix where a lot of limbs were breaking so I bought a backup set of limbs and they are still in the box they came in as the original limbs are shooting great still.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I would also tend to believe, that the entire industry is scurrying to garner parts and materials wherever they can, Covid hurt alot of supply chains-that may have something to do with less than stellar parts.
Steve

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Well I hear you!! I have come to believe the limb manufacturing technology has not caught up with users speed expectations!! It's either that or lack of Quality Control during the manufacturing process. We are asking the fiberglass to perform under very high stress levels. This in itself demands very strict adherence to the engineering instructions for manufacturing the limbs. With all the electronic equipment involved in manufacturing today I don't believe it can all be blamed on not following the guidelines set for curing, etc. That said maybe the fiberglass materials used just aren't up to the task in a consistent manner. Why do some people have no problems while others are trouble free? Some lots of limbs come out of the factory defective while some do not??

Bill
Bill, I think ya whacked the nail on the head....limbs probably need redesigning for all brands!! They seem to be snap'n and shatter'n on everyones! Then, even the high dollar bows are eat'n strings and cables for breaky!!! And need replacing waay too soon! Maybe we should get good ol Phil Tali on it asap!!!! LOL

Seriously though,,,I bet OLDFLYER could come up with something new and bomb proof!!! Just say'n!!!! How bout it, Jeff!????

·
1,481 Posts
Bill, I think ya whacked the nail on the head....limbs probably need redesigning for all brands!! They seem to be snap'n and shatter'n on everyones! Then, even the high dollar bows are eat'n strings and cables for breaky!!! And need replacing waay too soon! Maybe we should get good ol Phil Tali on it asap!!!! LOL

Seriously though,,,I bet OLDFLYER could come up with something new and bomb proof!!! Just say'n!!!! How bout it, Jeff!????
Already have thought seriously, but manufacturers prefer fancy over durable. Also, people are into speed to a point where the parts don't take the abuse very well. The answers are simple but the consumers constantly want a V-8 engine in their VW Beetle. A fast car is nice, but if you lose control every time you step on the gas, what good is it?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Already have thought seriously, but manufacturers prefer fancy over durable. Also, people are into speed to a point where the parts don't take the abuse very well. The answers are simple but the consumers constantly want a V-8 engine in their VW Beetle. A fast car is nice, but if you lose control every time you step on the gas, what good is it?
Yaaa, I hear ya, man....no doubt....

·
Registered
198 Posts
I purc
I purchased this bow because of it's size and accuracy. Will this bow tolerate the stock arrows? SSA is having trouble getting the nocks so I may not get my Spynal Tapps before I hunt the Rut.

·
4,764 Posts
I purc

I purchased this bow because of it's size and accuracy. Will this bow tolerate the stock arrows? SSA is having trouble getting the nocks so I may not get my Spynal Tapps before I hunt the Rut.
The stock arrows weigh about 401.6g average. Consider 125g or greater points. However, I understand that most of the breakages occur before the shot, ie, cocking of just being cocked.

·
4,764 Posts
Jeff,
It seems to me that what many manufacturers are doing is the equivalent to wanting V-8 power out of the VW engine by turboing the stock engine with a lot of boost.

To all,
There seems to be a lot of limb breakage across the crossbow lineup. If we’re going to demand speed and small size, then somehow new or better technology is needed. Excalibur has taken that approach, I think with some success.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Jeff,
It seems to me that what many manufacturers are doing is the equivalent to wanting V-8 power out of the VW engine by turboing the stock engine with a lot of boost.

To all,
There seems to be a lot of limb breakage across the crossbow lineup. If we’re going to demand speed and small size, then somehow new or better technology is needed. Excalibur has taken that approach, I think with some success.
SEW, if you could be a little more specific on what Excalibur is doing, that would be great.
No big deal, I am just curious.
We have considered adding an Excalibur to our collection but do not like the TD (Take Down) series because of the issues we have read about with it coming loose.
Also, we prefer a built in Crank Assist and the Excalibur seems to have a fairly good design with 12# draw required.
But there I go again, rambling on, my apologies, will start a thread in the Excalibur section.
Thank you.

·
4,764 Posts
Lets see if we can get Boo to reply. I really like not having a traveling trigger block and a built in crank. I do like the charger crank.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Limbs...... All of the companies pushing the edge have had them break. I think one years ago had so many they quit making xbows all together. It's unfortunate but it happens. I got mine thru Sportsman Guide. I have a 90 day no questions asked return. $7 shipping fee. Yep I can chance that.

I ordered nocks well before I got mine. They fit the BEE shafts. I may for next year order a dozen and do the 80 grain inserts. But I'm getting good groups at 60 yards with the BEE and the 91 (?) grain inserts.
I think I found a way to make a conventional sling for it. I made a metal piece to fit the front that has a metal sling stud and I'm 3D printing out a piece for a rear sling stud. I'll post what I did if it works. I'll give the 3D design away too if it works. I have done other plastic stocks and the sling works fine and they were way heavier than this xbow. Printing out the 3D stuff now to test fit. I think it's off a mm or so.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts