Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
1,481 Posts
Killer instinct is Taiwan junk had the original swat complete garbage
You keep saying the SWAT bows are garbage on several SWAT threads yet you keep spending your time reading them and typing out comments. You have your right not to like something, but after saying it for the umteenth time sounds like maybe you need to get over it. Maybe concentrate on happier thoughts.

·
4,764 Posts
Killer instinct is Taiwan junk had the original swat complete garbage
For nearly 3 years, I’ve shot the original SWAT day after day, hunted with it 100s of times, many 100s of hours cocked, likely over a 1,000. Still on the original string and cables. Never a problem. Accuracy only matched by the SWAT XP.

The SWAT provides what many say they want in a crossbow today: easily rope cockable, low cost, lifetime warranty without strings attached, extreme accuracy, light, small, extremely safe, an excellent track record except for the easily fixable pivot arm bolts (mine hasn’t had a problem), and from an ally, not the PRC.

So what do you base the “Taiwan junk” and “complete garbage” on? Very knowledgable crossbow enthusiasts such as Don K. , Danny Miller, Roy M (Vaguru), others who know crossbows inside and out, who have far more expensive crossbows, love their SWATs.

So, again, why are you attacking the SWAT and Jeff Anderson’s brilliant designs? There are better things to do than just criticise. Try to live a happier life.

·
Happy Member
5,542 Posts
There's the fab five that sings the praises but brush off the failures. Every failure they try to brush under the rug. Blitz has the right for the umpteenth time to express his opinion just like you for the umpteenth time have defended this bow as the Holy Grail of all crossbows!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Happy Member
5,542 Posts
Now watch the fab five attack me for my post!

Reactions: blizzy

·
1,481 Posts
There's the fab five that sings the praises but brush off the failures. Every failure they try to brush under the rug. Blitz has the right for the umpteenth time to express his opinion just like you for the umpteenth time have defended this bow as the Holy Grail of all crossbows!

WHO is brushing off failures? Get a life.

·
Happy Member
5,542 Posts
There's one!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The most reliable bow can blow up in 2 shots. The least reliable can last a lifetime. Such is the nature of crossbows and the stresses that are placed on the limbs. I don't put too much weight on cases of limb problems. It can happen to all of them.

·
1,692 Posts
SEW, if you could be a little more specific on what Excalibur is doing, that would be great.
No big deal, I am just curious.
We have considered adding an Excalibur to our collection but do not like the TD (Take Down) series because of the issues we have read about with it coming loose.
Also, we prefer a built in Crank Assist and the Excalibur seems to have a fairly good design with 12# draw required.
But there I go again, rambling on, my apologies, will start a thread in the Excalibur section.
Thank you.
I’ve had just about every bow that Excalibur makes. I did have a Micro Assassin Strata but kept it for about 8 months. I just didn’t like the extra weight so I sold it and bought a 360 TD and a Charger crank. Although it is heavier than a non takedown counter part it, I can take the crank off and put it in my pocket. Takedowns are the way that Excalibur’s going and there really is no issue with it. Once I figured out the way to adjust the takedown mechanism, I had no more issues with it coming loose. I really don’t trust any travelling trigger because being a BMW mechanic for over 40 years tells me that if there is a more simple route to take, there will be less problems at the worst possible moment.

Here’s an analogy. If you have to link 2 points together that will save your life, would you use one, 2, 3 or more links to do it?

Although I love my Excaliburs for their simplicity and especially how they fit the human body, the Assassin isn’t my thing.

Excalibur is a great company making great bows and they really do work hard to correct failures. Without question, they are one of the best companies or are the best company for fixing short comings in a product. Take their limb problems. We had 2 yearly technical meetings at the ATA in which the limb issues were at the top of the list. We just didn’t know that their were multiple causative issues. But I know that at Excalibur they spent a boatload of time and money to make the limbs more reliable. Although I know they could have come to the same result by one method, they took the route that was most convenient for the customer.
Another example. The ACP trigger. The trigger latch wear was horrendous! Their engineer and I talked and came up with a solution of changing the latch geometry. He not only did that but he also went to a MIM process that made an even better process. He sent me 3 latches so I could see the results as well as swap them in my 440, 400 Suppressor and 360 takedown. Awesome!

Sorry for rambling! But the real bottom line is keep it simple! The Swat XP is just that by way of comparison to Tenpoint and Ravin products.

Ok you XP haters! Let me have it![/QUOTE]

·
1,692 Posts
We got a couple of folks on the forum that just seem to take great pleasure in cutting down some Manufacture's bows. They usually don't have a dog in the fight so I guess they do it for either pure enjoyment or spite on their part.
I try my best not to wrestle in the mud

·
Happy Member
5,542 Posts
WHO is brushing off failures? Get a life.
Is that your only comment? According to you everybody that doesn't agree with you should get a life.

Reactions: blizzy

·
Happy Member
5,542 Posts
See you're providing my point!

·
Happy Member
5,542 Posts
Oh Zakky is back. Lol Where did I trash KI? This is truly amazing.

·
Happy Member
5,542 Posts
Paranoia runs deep on the Swat XP threads.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts