Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this prolonged border closure has greatly impacted our good friends in Canada that depend heavily on us hunters and fisherman from the United States making the trip to enjoy the great north I though I would start a thread in this forum to get a feel from our Canadian members about its impact to your economy and when they border may open for general visitation by Americans.

I have had three hunts in Canada cancelled over the past year and a half and I am not optimistic about being able to get their this September to hunt bear. Perusing the various Facebook pages of Canadian hunting and fishing outfitters, it appears like they are barely holding on with local business and discounting their packages to Canadians trying to stay afloat.

I am sure our Canadian members here would have more insight on how this border closure is wrecking the good salt of the earth folks that depend greatly on American hunters and fisherman. I feel for all of them. I have talked to a few and this prolonged closure has been especially tough.

As I understand it only 6% of your population has received the vaccine and Trudeau has said in the past that he would not open the border unless that rate was 50% or higher.

What is the reason for the slow roll out of the vaccine up there? Have any of you heard anything credible from within your borders about when American tourist dollars would be welcome back? Requiring a two week quarantine for anybody coming in, if that is how they plan to roll this out, effectively keeps the border closed as few have the luxury of spending that amount of time.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
I am Canuck and I am still confused about all this stuff.
I have colleagues that cross the border each day to our US office in MI, but they are "essential" workers and no, not Health Care.
(Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign? Yes I can, but it changes almost daily! LOL).

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Ya know,if the liberal areas of both countries combined and the conservative areas of both combined to make 2 New countries all these problems would be solved. Liberals all jammed up in shithole cities and conservatives with vast majority of hunting/fishing/farm/ranch area. 😈

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am Canuck and I am still confused about all this stuff.
I have colleagues that cross the border each day to our US office in MI, but they are "essential" workers and no, not Health Care.
I'm in the automotive industry in MI and many of the OEM's and suppliers have provided "essential" letters to employees located in Ontario. I never realized not working was unessential; learn something every day.

I'm part of a group which goes moose hunting every October (they also do fly-in fishing, but I only hunt). Last year was really rough on outfitters, but ours scraped through it and keeping fingers crossed that border will reopen for October moose.

Latest rumors are border re-opening 22June for folks who got the jab.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like the border closure extended till July 21st now. So with the talked about "incremental" approach to opening the border coming from Canada, it does not look American sporting dollars are going to be welcome any time soon. I am quite sure that the outfitters in Canada are not big fans of Trudeau, lol.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I am currently looking for bear hunts in the states because of the stupid border closure. I saw where only 7% of Canada is vaccinated and the liberal king wants 50% before he will open it. To me that says no chance it’s open in 2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Looks like the border closure extended till July 21st now. So with the talked about "incremental" approach to opening the border coming from Canada, it does not look American sporting dollars are going to be welcome any time soon. I am quite sure that the outfitters in Canada are not big fans of Trudeau, lol.
No one is a big fan of Castro!
OOPS!
Freudian slip, I meant Trudeau.
Or did I?
Not sure how that monkey got into power...

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
I am currently looking for bear hunts in the states because of the stupid border closure. I saw where only 7% of Canada is vaccinated and the liberal king wants 50% before he will open it. To me that says no chance it’s open in 2021

Funny, I just watched CBC news on TV.
The banner reads "CBCNN", WTF is up with that???
Anyway, it stated over 65% of Canucks have had at least the first jab.
Hard to believe anything out of the mouths of media.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Me too. With the uncertainty, I can't sit around and wait to hear if the hunt is on or off. The wife and I are most likely going to schedule a trip here in the states during the week that was supposed to be the bear hunt.

I am planning on 2022 at this point for my next trip to Canada.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Me too. With the uncertainty, I can't sit around and wait to hear if the hunt is on or off. The wife and I are most likely going to schedule a trip here in the states during the week that was supposed to be the bear hunt.

I am planning on 2022 at this point for my next trip to Canada.
Same here. It really sucks I’ve had 3 hunts now to Canada canceled Bc of covid if the fall hunt doesn’t happen . Let me know if you find anything

·
Registered
990 Posts
Funny, I just watched CBC news on TV.
The banner reads "CBCNN", WTF is up with that???
Anyway, it stated over 65% of Canucks have had at least the first jab.
Hard to believe anything out of the mouths of media.
they use numbers above 50% to get more people accepting that "side"

when ever you see that kind of number on anything, like poll, then you know you are being manipulated

people like to belong into larger group, even tho majority is allways wrong

·
Registered
143 Posts
A month ago I was optimistic for our October moose hunt. Now I'm concerned for my outfitter and whether this is the final nail in their coffin.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts