Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,567 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I doubt he will get that for that bow. I gave $620 for mine when it was new and that was in 2012. I'd think he would get closer to $450 if he was lucky. Ive thought about selling my Vortex at one time is where those figures came from.
Exactly, never said he'd get that for his. Posted for comparison, and comparing the 2 a new Vortex would fetch much more than a used Ibex.

I paid $459 for my Vortex package brand new back in 2008 :-D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. but at a couple hundred bucks it may as well hang on the wall with other "collectible." It is the SMF version though. Still shoots great and I guess I will continue to use it during cold weather. Usually I hunt with my old Mathews vertical bow.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I would hang on to it! Bow do not hold their value very well. The SMF version, while a good bow, does not command the $$ of the aluminum rail. Not that the aluminum rail is all that much higher. I personally prefer the metal rails. I also love the "wide body" recurves. I guess I'm just old school! Best of luck if you decide to move it!

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
3,265 Posts
Jim, I just took in my old Ibex to my local bow shop, to check the value to sell it. They said it would be worth between 400-500 can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts