Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm what the military used to call "the walking wounded" lol, and have to haul a ground blind, chair, xbow, pack, ect on my atv, made this little goody. Pic doesn't show it well, but there's a notch cut into top of wood piece just right for my rail to sit it.

·
665 Posts
great minds think alike

I made a few last year and left them in each blind, so there is always a shooting stick

·
64 Posts
Good Idea

I was thinking about buying a "Steady Eddie", But I have a couple of old crutches in the attic. I'll give them a try first.

·
224 Posts
awshucks said:
Since I'm what the military used to call "the walking wounded" lol, and have to haul a ground blind, chair, xbow, pack, ect on my atv, made this little goody. Pic doesn't show it well, but there's a notch cut into top of wood piece just right for my rail to sit it.

Nice job Dan :D

·
Banned
364 Posts
That's a pretty darn cool idea! I use a bipod that has extendable legs. It has an adapter that fits on the front sling swivel so it snaps on and off, The legs can be spread out to give a very stable position. Each leg is adjustable for height so it work well on uneven ground. It also allows the bow to be swiveled up to 360 degrees. It's called a Stoney Creek Polecat. Here's a link to see what they look like and the price at Midway:
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=730186&t=11082005

They come in three different height ranges . I have the one from 33" to 64" which works great in a portable ground blind. whether sitting or standing.

·
821 Posts
Dan, great idea! Good luck using it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts