Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reticles to 130 yards,push button illumination, 10 yards to infinity parallax.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Tried one. Great idea except the subtensions are not calibrated from 70 on. I did like the level inside though.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Accurate to 70 with adj. Parallax.would make it great for hunting.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Agreed on that statement. I think it's "noisy" in comparison to others. The tried and true Sightmark Core SX was a real hunting scope (20-60). Not any more,,,,, discontinued due to low demand. Go figure!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
50 yard zero. Those rangefinder dots might help finding the crosshairs.

s-l400.jpg

·
2,785 Posts
I'm too old and set in my ways, I guess. One look at either reticle, and it's a nope from me. Pretty sure Ram did a Horizontal Zone article on this scope.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On white paper everything looks big, really think this scope needs serious consideration. Also think vortex needs to incorporate the adj parrallax on their xbow scope. They already have it on other crossfire models. I am shooting. 3x9x32 bugbuster on my xbows Now with front adj parrallax . Very accurate to 50 yards. Maybe further,far as I can shoot in yard.. That side parrallax and push button illumination would be very handy in the woods.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Quote from the article:
Full disclosure on my end. I have only sighted this scope in out to 50 yards. The 20-30-40-50 are all dead on. I can’t say if the ranges past 50 yards are calibrated properly.

They are NOT.
Again, great concept if it was a Hunter version 20-60 as with the CF2.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Last night I found that the CF2 on a target is difficult to read the yardage markers due to size. I do not disagree they are small. What I found interesting is when a drew down on one of my wife's sheep, the numbers on an animal as background show up surprisingly better/clearer. Now, the sheep are dark grey and WT deer are brown in the fall. However, I put a deer target, photo, over my 24x24 target to find a completely different perspective and ability to read those little numbers. So, I guess I am so fixated on "target" shooting different optic products that I failed to appreciate the deer don't look like a graphics target...…. Just my observation!

·
Registered
508 Posts
FD, have you tested the Truglo Opti-Speed scope?
Yes, it was one of the closer to subtension accuracy but failed from 70 on. The text font was also very small, similar to the Vortex but smaller yet.
IF I remember correctly, it was awful long in comparison. Retail was 200.00

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I have been curious abot thatt Tru Glo 8514 scope....everyone that carrys them only has the one that goes from 20-70yrds. Farmstead carrys oe that goes to 100yrd . Where did you find yours FD ??

·
Registered
508 Posts
Manufactures rep. I believe that is bogus information regarding the 20-70. I was told that is old specs. All the current releases, 2020, are suppose to be 20-100.
All depends on what china had on their shelf????

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have been curious abot thatt Tru Glo 8514 scope....everyone that carrys them only has the one that goes from 20-70yrds. Farmstead carrys oe that goes to 100yrd . Where did you find yours FD ??
Wapster,
This is another reason I don't buy Truglo products. Try and call them,,,,, Good Luck. "Send an email, we will get back to you":mad:
Phone number is for Dealers ONLY. WHAT:poop:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I feel your pain....I have been trying to relay messages to Farmstead about this scope to no avail...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts