Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an open box scope online and discovered that an important part is missing. I have been trying to contact UUQ Optics for a couple of weeks and no one answers the phone. I have looked all over the web for the part and had no luck. Can someone give me the correct name for this part (bolt). It fits in the rear of the scope in the slot. Thanks in advance.
Camera accessory Line Cameras & optics Optical instrument Font

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
The party you are trying to contact is an importer. These scopes are sold on Amazon and are manufactured in China.
The more product an importer is willing to import and hope to make some fast money on, the cheaper the importer can
purchase some items for.
Going the route some of these companies are working, they have no reason to carry spare parts. Some sellers will
state on their website for certain items, they will not accept returns.

Any Allen screws or bolts on items coming from overseas will be metric which in many cases does not match the metric
that may be used over here.

Some items being sold on the internet, the seller does not physically see or handle as they are shipped from some
warehouse or another country and the seller gets a commission for making the sale.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you @bunnyrabbit, I saw the scopes on Amazon but I didn't know where they came from. I got mine on ebay for under $30 bucks. It fits perfectly on my PSE Fang LT and appears to be well made. This missing bolt should be easy enough to duplicate from a hardware store bolt and a few minutes with a dremel tool. Thanks again for your input you rascally wabbit😆

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Zebrafive, I just returned from the hardware store. We tried standard and metric bolts for bolt number 2 in the picture. I guess it is a picatinny rail bolt!? The nut pictured #2 is fine thread and is probably proprietary to this brand of scope. Nothing would fit it. The good part is that the slot at #2 allows the use of any standard or metric nut or bolt combo to lock the mount to the picatinny rail. I noticed that the center allen screw at #1 is also missing! This is not a problem because the mount fits securely to the scope. Open Box gear is like that. The guy at Ace said maybe a gun shop would carry the original bolt type and I agree.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Being this scope is manufactured in China is why the metric screws and bolts we have here will not work.
They have a different metric system.

Another example is the tools that Rolls Royce use on their air craft engines are called British Standard.
They are specific to their engines.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I looked up Chinese metric system yesterday. Things get really confusing among all the tribes and their copying and deviations from the script. I can use a generic nut and bolt for mounting the scope securely for target practice. I'll be on the lookout for some cheap Chinese scope rings in the future. Should be able to find something that is close to the original for under $ 20 bucks. Thanks for the great inputs, we live we learn;).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts