Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new Vapor 470 question... I came from 20 years of compound shooting and tuning so maybe I'm being hypercritical here. But how important is the ATA measurement? Specs say it should be 12" but mine is at 12.5" with only 5 shots through it. Also where do you check the cam timing/sync at on this bow and what about cam lean? Unfortunately the only service center in Utah is Scheels and I don't trust them touching my bow since they probably only sell 5 crossbows a year... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does the bow shoot?
Haven't dared to shoot it much with seeing how many people strings are blowing up. I've only shot it 5 times to get my 20 sighted in. I do know that with a compound bow that too much cam lean or hand torque applied to the bow can cause the string to derail which would look like a dry fire to someone who didn't see it happen. That's why I'm double checking everything before my $3000 bow blows up during hunting season.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Haven't dared to shoot it much with seeing how many people strings are blowing up. I've only shot it 5 times to get my 20 sighted in. I do know that with a compound bow that too much cam lean or hand torque applied to the bow can cause the string to derail which would look like a dry fire to someone who didn't see it happen. That's why I'm double checking everything before my $3000 bow blows up during hunting season.
My vapor is also at 12.5". If you look at your cams there are 2 dimples on the lower portion of the cam on each side top and bottom. I believe they are supposed to set centered on each side of the limb. Mine are slightly closer to the inside dimple but equal on both sides, so the timing should be correct. The dimples are a bit hard to see.

Reactions: RMAX1000Addicts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts