Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
On the Vapor, the pin hole to release the Acuslide from the string is a small slot in the forearm Where the barrel and forearm come to gether. You have to look real close, it’s not the holes in the barrel.

9012DDC2-AE3E-4A87-A6FE-736BC6DEC15F.jpeg
14F103A4-F122-4C8B-8474-0E8838A05BEB.jpeg

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
From TenPoints Instructional Videos

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
I can appreciate Wyvern's response. What picatinny rail? What am I missing here?
This small accessory rail that's on the bottom front forearm area. It shows on the Vapor, Viper and Vengent and maybe shipping on the Vengents based on the reply from Mark n Smith.

PicRail.jpg

·
Registered
8,498 Posts

Works just like a Ravin but is in different positions. I even back crank my Ravin about 1/4 of a turn so all I have to do is push in the thumb release and hook the slide back to the screen. There is really not much difference between the two systems.

·
Registered
298 Posts

See, even in the video above, at about the 1:20 mark, he says "reverse draw crossbows, directly behind the picatinny rail".
Problem is, there is no picatinny rail on the underside of the Vapor.
On the Vapor, the pin hole to release the Acuslide from the string is a small slot in the forearm Where the barrel and forearm come to gether. You have to look real close, it’s not the holes in the barrel.

View attachment 176926 View attachment 176928
Yes, thanks I see the hole now, I was looking at the wrong one.
Musta been dark and I didn't have my glasses with me.
:)
Will give it a try some time.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
See, even in the video above, at about the 1:20 mark, he says "reverse draw crossbows, directly behind the picatinny rail".
Problem is, there is no picatinny rail on the underside of the Vapor.

Yes, thanks I see the hole now, I was looking at the wrong one.
Musta been dark and I didn't have my glasses with me.
:)
Will give it a try some time.
I did the same thing . Lol

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I haven’t called Tenpoint on the rail issue yet. Soon as I get free time I will.
Maybe the Covid virus has slowed production on that part. ???

·
Registered
57 Posts
I kept after them and they sent me one. You can see my conversation with them in another thread.
https://www.crossbownation.com/community/threads/have-a-question-for-your-tenpoint-factory-representative-feel-free-to-ask-it-here.122/page-86
I got it a couple weeks ago. It is a proprietary rail with a little notch where the release pin goes thru to release the carrier. It is plastic and not metal but strong enough to do the job. It did not come with mounting screws and the screws that were in the quiver kit do NOT work as someone suggested. But screws I can find. I got it mounted and put my bipod on it. It is a pretty cheap rail compared to the quiver kit. Tenpoint should include it and let the customer choose. I still do not accept the previous excuse for not including it. At any rate, I, for one, have received one.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I kept after them and they sent me one. You can see my conversation with them in another thread.
https://www.crossbownation.com/community/threads/have-a-question-for-your-tenpoint-factory-representative-feel-free-to-ask-it-here.122/page-86
I got it a couple weeks ago. It is a proprietary rail with a little notch where the release pin goes thru to release the carrier. It is plastic and not metal but strong enough to do the job. It did not come with mounting screws and the screws that were in the quiver kit do NOT work as someone suggested. But screws I can find. I got it mounted and put my bipod on it. It is a pretty cheap rail compared to the quiver kit. Tenpoint should include it and let the customer choose. I still do not accept the previous excuse for not including it. At any rate, I, for one, have received one.
They were shown on Vapors at the ATA Show and there was no mention of them as an add on accessory. I thought they came with the crossbow when I purchased it. It should have been added with the package for the buyer to use if wanting to. That’s my opinion.
I want one even if I have to purchase it.
What type of screws are needed.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
David ( Wyvern Creations ) emailed me today and said Tenpoint is working on it. Says the quiver will not work with the rail. I’m assuming they’re trying to make the rail work with the quiver. ????
Like I said, I’m not installing a quiver anyway.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts