Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some info on a new Vapor RS470 with the HHA Vortex set up? I'm wondering if the HHA gets in the way of an extended crank handle or are there no clearance issues? Or if you have one or have seen it your thoughts on the set up. Any input would be helpful. Not much info on the forums. I'd really like to know more about it before dropping big $$ on one. I live way out in the sticks and there just aren't shops to check them out at.
Many Thanks

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You could probably chat the HHA forward a little. I doubt you could extend the handle on the crank without hitting the dial.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually bought it and NO the crank can not be extended with the HHA. The crank can however be locked in the compact size and used like that which is not very difficult to crank. There is plenty of room with the handle not extended.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone give me some info on a new Vapor RS470 with the HHA Vortex set up? I'm wondering if the HHA gets in the way of an extended crank handle or are there no clearance issues? Or if you have one or have seen it your thoughts on the set up. Any input would be helpful. Not much info on the forums. I'd really like to know more about it before dropping big $$ on one. I live way out in the sticks and there just aren't shops to check them out at.
Many Thanks
I have the new Vapor RS470 and with an HHA Tetra Optimizer: I mounted the optimizer as far forward as possible. There is still plenty of room to mount your scope and have your eye relief ok. When cranking the crossbow you can extend the cranking handle some, just not all the way. It seems to me that extending it about an inch and a half works out alright. That little inch and a half helps to crank the crossbow, otherwise it can be cranked without extending, it just takes a little more effort. Also, the safety on the right is still quite accessible. Another option when cranking with your quiver in place: I place only three arrows in the quiver beginning at second to the bottom thus allowing a little bit more room for your hand when your cranking the crossbow. I also recommend getting the little light for the optimizer so you can illuminate the tape especially if you hunt near dark or from inside a ground blind.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Take a good look at the Sig Sauer BDX scopes. They will do anything a jack plate or optimizer will. Using the rangefinder you just range it and then shoot it, the scope and RF do all the work.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Take a good look at the Sig Sauer BDX scopes. They will do anything a jack plate or optimizer will. Using the rangefinder you just range it and then shoot it, the scope and RF do all the work.
That's the option I'm looking at for next year.

·
49 Posts
Horton Storm, Nitro XRT and Vapor crossbows in the family. All have BDX and all sighted into 70 yards with about 2-3 inch POA to POI at 70 yards. Bought combos from Sig that were "open box" for $400.00 give or take with taxes. Love the BDX. I have 3 boys and friends and relatives that will use these bows. Point and shoot. Very accurate BDX system.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Is the BDX specific to crossbow fps and plots the yardages based on velocity only or can you "program" POA to POI based on real world conditions? I have proven that arrow weight and velocity alone does not guarantee the trajectory curve is proportional arrow to arrow brand due to FOC, vane resistance...... even though the weight may be identical.
Thanks,
FD

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use the Leupold Vendetta here in Louisiana and Illinois hunts. It woks great with all scopes. Range, aim, shoot.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Chris Henson that arrow box looks pretty slick with the factory included foam block for the arrows... did that just get glued into a spare supply box or what?

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Hey Chris Henson that arrow box looks pretty slick with the factory included foam block for the arrows... did that just get glued into a spare supply box or what?
Looks like an MTM case.
They make many sizes and work well.
We have about 6 of the 12-arrow size and two of the 36-arrow size.
Here is an example, be sure to go to Amazon dot Com in the USA.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Is the BDX specific to crossbow fps and plots the yardages based on velocity only or can you "program" POA to POI based on real world conditions? I have proven that arrow weight and velocity alone does not guarantee the trajectory curve is proportional arrow to arrow brand due to FOC, vane resistance...... even though the weight may be identical.
Thanks,
FD
There's more to the ballistic calculation to make it all work correctly FarmDeer like drag coefficient, but it's not a programmable element needed. The "Calibration" function of the BDX program also "tunes" the program to the xbow and arrow combination. It's very well done IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts