Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. This quarantine has freed up some time so I dusted off my bow. I bought one of the last Velocity bows made. Anyone else still shooting one and how do you like it compared to the newer models? Is the extra 50 FPS worth trading for? I mounted my ATN day/night scope on mine in prep for turkey season. Set the video to 720-60 fps for this 3 shots @ 50 yards in the video. Very gusty winds. Just for fun.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Well Rick I bought 3 of them because I like the way they worked at the time and, even after buying some of the newer narrower models their still my go to favorites. They just do the work without any hassles. Larger scopes are right at home on them too. They may be wider for my hands to fit through the riser better and, somehow every year I shoot deer behind my treestands too. They really are easy accurate imo. The old cams with the letoff make the best shooting experience too.
I'm glad your still enjoying yours.
trio2.jpg

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I bug a friend on a monthly basis for 3 years to sell me his. He hasn't used it in 5 years and days NO

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Rit maybe this years the charm. Money will be tight for many. I really would like to buy something else but, until a faster Death Stalker comes out I'm not overly excited.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I was getting 45 to 48 hours a week untill the Chinese flu hit now it about 38 hours a week. A lot of people are home with no work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have one of the early Velocity 165's, and it is just plain crazy accurate out to the 60 yds I have shot it. I'm still able to pull the short sled, at age 67, so it remains in my hunting rotation. I've thought about having Burky do his magic with it, doing a Nighttrain riser, and shortening the stroke, but it is hard to give up on a classic, that is just such a great shooter. The conversion would allow me to use a long sled, as I run out of arm the way it is now. When the back and muscles give out with the short sled, I'll have to do something, but for now it remains my favorite, shooting 423 with a 417 gr setup.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Rick, that is one of the best slo=mo's I have ever seen of an arrow leaving the bow and following it to the target. I have been begging for a video like that for a long time...;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts