Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a Vendetta 2 to put on my crossbow.

Was out shooting today and thinking about how it would mount (guess i should have done that before ordering :) ).

Reading alot on here i hear folks mentioning purchasing a mount off ebay since Leupolds mounts wont work (i now can see why they couldnt possibly work with this scope, THERE IS NO ROOM ON THE TUBE).

i thnk i've found Scott on ebay, but question, is there only one mount available? I dont want to order the wrong one.

Picture of my rail and scope below (also looking to add a bubble level).

Any thoughts or comments always appreciated. I am sure i'll have more questions once it actually arrives.

funny, i couldnt find one youtube video about how to mount the Vendetta 2 on a crossbow.

Attachments

·
Crossbow Nut
3,108 Posts
Fashion your own custom mount out of an aluminum bar and bottom half of a scope ring. Can be as simple or complex as you like.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Crossbow Nut
3,108 Posts
Jack Pine you are a innovator ! I pay close attention to your post and comments
Thank you John, there are a lot of guys on here who find workarounds for the "one size fits all" equipment that doesn't work for every situation.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
PM Scott he makes two sizes. Vendetta II you want the short one.
Scott makes a long and short bracket, like Md says you’ll need the short one because the Vendetta II sticks out about 3/4” more than the Vendetta I version (I have 3 Vendetta I rangefinders), plus it’s a pita to get sighted in. I’ve always thought the micro adjustment screws should be milled flat on the bottom like a scope turret.

I also had Scott make me a special length bracket plus had him reverse the way the end piece clamps to the rail - I didn’t like the way it attached. He mentioned that he might switch to this design once his stock was exhausted but don’t know if he did or not.

The turret on the XBR stuck out a bit and interfered with the rangefinder so I had to use a long bracket. Later I had Scott make a special one that was in between his two current ones.

I think the II comes with a 1” scope tube mount but I’m not sure how secure it is plus it makes the Vendetta sit higher. Good luck.

dscn1742-jpg.151768.jpeg
dscn1743-jpg.151770.jpeg
dscn1744-jpg.151772.jpeg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best to mount the vendetta 2 towards front of scope, rear or doesn't it matter?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Depends on which side you want it on. I like mine on the right so when I shoulder the crossbow I can sight down the left side. You have to have the Scott Whitman bracket long enough so the windage turret doesn’t interfere with the rangefinder operation. The thumb switch wire can go around the back of the trigger housing and the thumb pad can mount above the grip so you can touch it with your thumb which is what I prefer. But the Vendetta II sticks out an extra 3/4” more than the I so it should clear the windage turret easily.

If you mount it on the left side, the length of the thumb switch wire is a moot point (if you’re right handed). Even if there’s an illumination knob on the scope, the II should clear it easily as well.

With mine on the right side and to the rear, there’s no issue with the cord being long enough. And I can pick it up with my peripheral vision rather easily. I’ve never had it mounted on the left side so I wouldn’t know what that’s like. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts