Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As I think about my set up for next year, I am interested in a vertical crossbow since I will be saddle hunting and want the ability to shoot without the limbs popping open against the tree when fired. I am pretty interested in the Hickory Creek inline mini...seen good things about it. Anybody have other recommendations for the ~$1000 or less price point?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Welcome to the Nation!! I hunt from a saddle some to, I also bought the hickory creek for same reason, personally I could not get consistent accuracy , it is a two piece bow, I had alot of play. Even epoxied it together. Ended up selling it. I hunt with scorpyd bows, no problem outta saddle. Goodluck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Nation!! I hunt from a saddle some to, I also bought the hickory creek for same reason, personally I could not get consistent accuracy , it is a two piece bow, I had alot of play. Even epoxied it together. Ended up selling it. I hunt with scorpyd bows, no problem outta saddle. Goodluck with whatever you choose.
Cool. Which model did you go with?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
To be fair, I bought a tenpoint siege & it is super short & very narrow. Will be excellent outta saddle. The accuslide is great. I added the mini stirrup to make it easier to hang in tree, bow is alittle heavier than I'd like but the pro's definitely out wiegh that con.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CT Crossbower: When you say you could not get consistent accuracy...within how many MOA are you talking? Put into hunting terms, was the Hickory Creek accurate for hiting the vitals consistently or was it all over the place inaccurate?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
CT Crossbower: When you say you could not get consistent accuracy...within how many MOA are you talking? Put into hunting terms, was the Hickory Creek accurate for hiting the vitals consistently or was it all over the place inaccurate?
Mine was all over the place, I upgraded scope, still not good, I would not have shot at a deer with that bow. Idk what was wrong, if you go on YouTube there is a pretty good following, it's a great concept, I just couldn't do anything with it.

·
Registered
Scorpyd Aculeus 460, Excal paradox.
157 Posts
Vertical crossbow? I think you mean just a normal compound bow. I said what I said 🤷‍♂️

·
2,330 Posts
Jerry started out about 30 years ago selling an attachment bar that could be mounted to most compound bows. The shooter could draw the bow and lock the string in place. It was called the draw lock. Now Jerry builds the bow with the stock attached.
In its simplest definition, a crossbow is a bow with a stock. This is a custom-made vertical compound bow, with a stock. If you ever get the opportunity to shoot one, give it a try. It has many advantages over horizontal crossbows. ;)

Reactions: Flyway

·
2,330 Posts
Jerry's concept started with a normal bow that one would attach a draw lock to it. The draw lock would move to where ever the Dloop was. That said in a vertical bow one's bow drawing arm has a whole lot of movement in it. When it is drawn back it comes to the same place. Epoxy was the worst thing one could do to the Mini.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a hickory creek minni, works great out of a saddle, but I prefer my excalibur from the ground or elevated stand. Hickory is very ac urate but I found with mine that if I pulled my lead hand twords my body, I was all over. When I pushed slightly out with my lead or held with no pressure and in to the shoulder with the rear hand, I was very consistant...hope that made sense

1 - 14 of 14 Posts