Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin and I each bought our first Tenpoint crossbows about 2 weeks ago, both Vipers. Set his up and everything worked fine.
After waiting 10 days for my Sig BDX scope to come in, I finally got it mounted and was able to shoot for the first time yesterday. Bow shoots fine and very accurate. However, I noticed a few things:
1. The left side of the ACUslide seems to be rubbing against something, causing the stickers to pull back.
2. On my arrows, I'm noticing there are wear marks where they are sitting on the rail. If they were just rub marks, I wouldn't be concerned, but if I take my thumbnail across them, I can feel them, so it's actually cutting into the arrow. I even had a nock break, and I'm guessing that's why (not a dry fire, not hit by another arrow).
3. Two of the screws in the ACUslide have rust on them. This is the first time the bow's been out of the house, and it's stored in a dry area.

The issues with the arrows and ACUslide don't seem to be causing any accuracy issues, but I figured I'd see if this was normal and maybe I'm just overthinking things. I put about 30 shots through yesterday (lubing every 10 shots), so I'm worried about long term wear.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
Rusty screws and rubbing don't sound right.
Call TenPoint and show them the pictures.
They will fix you up.

Reactions: jrsdws

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much Randy! Your customer service is awesome.

The bow is awesome too. Even with these little issues, I was testing broadheads with great results at 80 yards!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the mount I was using. A rail extension with the rings in top of that. I knew it wasn't ideal (too many connections), but didn't think it would cause the rail to flex down... But it does, ever so slightly which is causing the rubbing on the ACUslide. I'm hoping an offset scope mount will fix the problem. With the eye relief needed on the Sig scope I need to go about 2" past the rail.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I’m at a loss for word after seeing that scope setup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll admit, the first setup wasn't something I was really feeling good about. I've never mounted a rail on a rail, and then added scope rings on top. Unfortunately, the stock rail isn't long enough on the Tenpoint to get the proper eye relief with the Sig BDX scope, so I have to do something to extend the scope about 2" past the rail.
At this point I had two options, either an offset scope mount, or a longer extended rail that mounts further back. After emailing Randy, the offset would put too much weight forward and if be in the same boat as before, so I found a longer rail with mounting points further back to take the weight off the front of the rail. It looks stupid, but it seems solid, and it doesn't rub the ACUslide.
I can report back on accuracy, but even with the last rail I was grouping pretty well at 100yds.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Looks strange but I bet it works well. I needed more height when mounting the SS BDX on my Ravin so I got X high rings and I bet it helps on the TP also.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'll admit, the first setup wasn't something I was really feeling good about. I've never mounted a rail on a rail, and then added scope rings on top. Unfortunately, the stock rail isn't long enough on the Tenpoint to get the proper eye relief with the Sig BDX scope, so I have to do something to extend the scope about 2" past the rail.
At this point I had two options, either an offset scope mount, or a longer extended rail that mounts further back. After emailing Randy, the offset would put too much weight forward and if be in the same boat as before, so I found a longer rail with mounting points further back to take the weight off the front of the rail. It looks stupid, but it seems solid, and it doesn't rub the ACUslide.
I can report back on accuracy, but even with the last rail I was grouping pretty well at 100yds.

Can the stock be extended?

·
Registered
517 Posts

You may want to concentrate on the elevation POI for any inconsistency during your testing session. If you lightly push down on the very front of the scope you will experience a bit of vertical deflection. Just sharing that the rail is webbed out just above the catch release lever in your picture. This material lose allows the scope rail to deflect more then if it was solid.
In testing many scopes I found the "heavy" scopes proved to have elevation POI error whereas the lighter scopes did not indicate this issue. Measurements I had taken indicated that the scope to rail dimension did not return back to zero from shot to shot when the weight was farther out on the rail and or a heavy scope was mounted.
Just something to keep in mind if you struggle to hit BE consistently in the vertical POI. I did not see this issue with L/R/ windage POI error, only vertical/elevation.
Good luck,
FD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts