Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this Viper S400 and with the cranking system that is incorporated into the bow, I don't know why I can't do some work on it without using a bow press. I secure the bow to a sturdy base, cock the bow (or cock prior to securing), pin the limbs to keep them in position, and then decock the bow. This will take all the tension off the string and cables ,allowing for maintenance. I know that not everyone can or should do this do to there lack of mechanical knowledge (maybe I'm one) but for those who can make sure all items in this scenario are structurally safe, is this OK - Ten Point? I may never need to do this but, "I got questions".

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I’m not Tenpoint, but ..No... I would not do that. Use a good bow press like Last Chance EZ press with the narrow limb adapter.

·
TenPoint Representative
1,866 Posts
I just got this Viper S400 and with the cranking system that is incorporated into the bow, I don't know why I can't do some work on it without using a bow press. I secure the bow to a sturdy base, cock the bow (or cock prior to securing), pin the limbs to keep them in position, and then decock the bow. This will take all the tension off the string and cables ,allowing for maintenance. I know that not everyone can or should do this do to there lack of mechanical knowledge (maybe I'm one) but for those who can make sure all items in this scenario are structurally safe, is this OK - Ten Point? I may never need to do this but, "I got questions".
No. Use a proper press.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts