Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be receiving my xbow sometime today and I’m pretty damn pumped. Gonna go thru the rigors of set up and sighting in this weekend. Any recommendations for xbow noob—other than don’t shoot your eye out or snip your finger off!!??

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just the normal stuff! Lube the string and cable well at contact points. Don't over wind the handle, listen for the catch to click and stop cranking. Be sure to back wind 2-1/2 turns after cocking.
Keep you hands and feet inside the ride at all times and have a blast. You can shoot all day long with the Accuslide. So simple to cock this bow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the normal stuff! Lube the string and cable well at contact points. Don't over wind the handle, listen for the catch to click and stop cranking. Be sure to back wind 2-1/2 turns after cocking.
Keep you hands and feet inside the ride at all times and have a blast. You can shoot all day long with the Accuslide. So simple to cock this bow.
10/4. Been cracking out on all the TP videos trying to educate myself. Looks like there are a few Lil tricks here and there but overall pretty well user friendly.

·
Registered
13,328 Posts
Congrats on your new bow and welcome to the boards. :)

Reactions: dynamo61 and Bern

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couple questions:
-Any issues with the centerpunch bolts that come with the bow? Gonna purchase a few more if not. I’d like to get them in the way ASAP
- u have a recommendation on a broad head for whitetail? Looking at rage mech hypo 125g currently.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Watch the video and read thru this thread Now here is a dealer who has it all figured out , especially since you say you're an Xbow noob. Make sure your arrows are sound before each shot, make sure each nock is in good shape before each shot, make sure your nocks are indexed properly before each shot, make sure the nock is seated against the string before each shot, and don't shoot groups at the same spot. These are all things that can help limit the chance of a 'semi-dry fire' and blow up your bow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Watch the video and read thru this thread Now here is a dealer who has it all figured out , especially since you say you're an Xbow noob. Make sure your arrows are sound before each shot, make sure each nock is in good shape before each shot, make sure your nocks are indexed properly before each shot, make sure the nock is seated against the string before each shot, and don't shoot groups at the same spot. These are all things that can help limit the chance of a 'semi-dry fire' and blow up your bow.
Thanks Toyman!! Good stuff

·
Registered
626 Posts
Couple questions:
-Any issues with the centerpunch bolts that come with the bow? Gonna purchase a few more if not. I’d like to get them in the way ASAP
- u have a recommendation on a broad head for whitetail? Looking at rage mech hypo 125g currently.
I have had excellent performance out of the TP CP arrows with 100 grain tips. They come in around 445.
WARNING: Do not shoot at the same BE back to back or you might be tossing 30 bucks in the garbage. They are that accurate!
Good luck,
FD

·
Registered
203 Posts
LEARN the proper use of the Acuslide. Use the assist lever to assist the trigger box down the rail to the string. Push Down to engage it to the string. Listen for the click of the trigger latch lock. Two backwinds, 1 additional with the release button pushed in. See the ring on the silver drive socket.

I have a viper and love it so far. Good luck

·
Registered
82 Posts
10/4. Been cracking out on all the TP videos trying to educate myself. Looks like there are a few Lil tricks here and there but overall pretty well user friendly.
Your excitement can get you in trouble when you get that new bow. You have done all the homework and now putting that to use, take your time and be methodical with each step of the process and repeat each step in the same order each time till it becomes habit and you will be fine. Enjoy your new weapon.

·
44 Posts
Congrats on your new arrival. I myself picked up a Viper 400 last week. I've been hunting with a crossbow for over 20 years, but this is my first ultra narrow compound crossbow. I learned how to cock the bow by following along with TenPoint's video, step by step. TenPoint will also email you a series of instructional videos after you register your bow. Go slow with this bow and pay attention to what you're doing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congratulations on your new Viper S400! You will love it! I really like mine. Picked it over the Ravin R10. Glad I did. The Rangemaster Scope works fine for me. Sighted mine in at 20 yrds
Dead on set the speed ring to 370 fps. It shot dead on at 20,30,&40 yrds using the appropriate dot /crosshairs.
Here is a picture of my 40 yrd shoots after sighting it in at 20 yrds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congratulations on your new Viper S400! You will love it! I really like mine. Picked it over the Ravin R10. Glad I did. The Rangemaster Scope works fine for me. Sighted mine in at 20 yrds
Dead on set the speed ring to 370 fps. It shot dead on at 20,30,&40 yrds using the appropriate dot /crosshairs.
Here is a picture of my 40 yrd shoots after sighting it in at 20 yrds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
wow, that's some good shooting!

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Reactions: mallardhunter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got to take my Viper out for the first time in the woods Saturday in PA. It was a SHORT morning. Filled my doe tag by 8:15. Centerpunch arrow tipped with a 125 gr NAP Slingblade zipped right thru her and buried 8" into the ground on the other side like she wasn't even there! Piled up less than 40 yards from where she was shot. Take your time, read the instructions and practice cocking and decocking, make sure your alpha nock is properly aligned and seated, and the Viper is a dream. I am so happy with my purchase, hopefully its not the last time it gets the full send this fall!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey bu
Should be receiving my xbow sometime today and I’m pretty damn pumped. Gonna go thru the rigors of set up and sighting in this weekend. Any recommendations for xbow noob—other than don’t shoot your eye out or snip your finger off!!??
Hey Bern, congrats on your new bow. I bought the same bow and it will arrive Monday. If you don’t mind me asking, was there string lube in the box when you received it, or do you have to buy it separately? I to am trying to get all the other stuff ordered in advance! Thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts