Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Try calling these folks, they may have some stock.

Reactions: AJB

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wyverns or tenpoint. So what happened to the string.
I hate to admit it but..I got the bow today and set it up. I was sighting it in and on the fourth shot I must not have seated the arrow all the way and the DFI caught the string. The center serving is cut and unraveled. The arrow ended up on the table right in front of the bow.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I hate to admit it but..I got the bow today and set it up. I was sighting it in and on the fourth shot I must not have seated the arrow all the way and the DFI caught the string. The center serving is cut and unraveled. The arrow ended up on the table right in front of the bow.
I don't think it will dry-fire if the arrow is not seated all the way.
Perhaps you did not push down fully on the Trigger Box when cocking, and cocked on the DFI pin?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think it will dry-fire if the arrow is not seated all the way.
Perhaps you did not push down fully on the Trigger Bix when cocking, and cocked on the DFI pin?
It was cocked for sure, I felt it release and catch on the DFI. If it was cocked on the DFI it wouldn't have damaged the serving. I think I pushed the arrow under the holder brush and just up against the DFI instead of all the way in, that's why it just pushed the arrow off the rail. I've been shooting a Nitro X, it doesn't seem to have as much resistance when going past the DFI. What it boils down to is I messed up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, hopefully it works out for you. Do you have another x-bow or a compound you could use?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear that man, hopefully it works out for you. Do you have another x-bow or a compound you could use?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I still have the Nitro X I can use. I might just have to start my season with it. I'm going to call Ten Point today.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Good that you have a back up. You are correct if the arrow stayed on the table. A partial dry fire usually gets the arrow at least most of the way to the target. TP will get you up and running pretty fast I hope.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good that you have a back up. You are correct if the arrow stayed on the table. A partial dry fire usually gets the arrow at least most of the way to the target. TP will get you up and running pretty fast I hope.
I didn't get anywhere with the phone call. I then emailed Randy Wood, he is sending me a new string even though I made it clear that I messed up. More points for their customer service.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
I think you should PM Martymig and have him build you a set of strings and cables for when you need them again. He does excellent work at decent prices. I keep a spare set of his for my Scorpyd which is currently shooting his string and cables.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you should PM Martymig and have him build you a set of strings and cables for when you need them again. He does excellent work at decent prices. I keep a spare set of his for my Scorpyd which is currently shooting his string and cables.
Ten Point says that using other than factory strings would void the warranty. I don't know if I would want to lose that.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Please understand that YOU CAN dry fire the bow without an arrow in or on the flight rail. I own a Viper and have dry fired mine, ONCE.
You may notice that the catch paws may scrub the trigger latch pin after a partial or full DF. This is due to the catch lever pivot pin slightly bending.
IF you find that you have to push the trigger box past the catch paws when attempting to slide the trigger down the rail then you have a bent pivot pin.
It is a 3/32 X 1.25" ALLOY pin. Very simple to replace for anyone that has mechanical aptitude. Else, send it to TP.

I had >500 shots on my original string. So, the quality is there on TP's string. Not worth voiding your warranty...… $30.00 from TP.
Good luck,
FD

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please understand that YOU CAN dry fire the bow without an arrow in or on the flight rail. I own a Viper and have dry fired mine, ONCE.
You may notice that the catch paws may scrub the trigger latch pin after a partial or full DF. This is due to the catch lever pivot pin slightly bending.
IF you find that you have to push the trigger box past the catch paws when attempting to slide the trigger down the rail then you have a bent pivot pin.
It is a 3/32 X 1.25" ALLOY pin. Very simple to replace for anyone that has mechanical aptitude. Else, send it to TP.

I had >500 shots on my original string. So, the quality is there on TP's string. Not worth voiding your warranty...… $30.00 from TP.
Good luck,
FD
I contacted Randy at Ten Point on Monday, I had a new string in my hand Wednesday. I put it on, sighted in and am ready for this weekend. Can't say enough about the customer service.
I had seen your post about the pin bending but haven't noticed any trouble with it yet. I am a machinist so could probably replace the pin myself. What kind of alloy is it? Do you have pictures of how it's done?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I contacted Randy at Ten Point on Monday, I had a new string in my hand Wednesday. I put it on, sighted in and am ready for this weekend. Can't say enough about the customer service.
I had seen your post about the pin bending but haven't noticed any trouble with it yet. I am a machinist so could probably replace the pin myself. What kind of alloy is it? Do you have pictures of how it's done?
If you ever DF the bow, you will.
I'll put some pics together with some instructions.
FD

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you ever DF the bow, you will.
I'll put some pics together with some instructions.
FD
I dry fired it once that's why I needed a new string. The center serving broke and unraveled when the DFI caught it. The trigger box still slides down with no trouble.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts