Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got bit today,,,,
Last time at the Tenpoint to pick up my M370 after a small warranty issue (that Tenpoint corrected without any questions) Patrick, a very skilled technician, offered me to shot one of the new Tenpoint bows. Sure I said. Well, I was hooked. The Viper is an absolute engineering marvel. I again went back to Tenpoint for some Alpha nocks today and decided again to look at the bow. Wrong thing to do...... "Honey, look what followed me home".

Yep, I bought a Viper. Patrick took me for a 30 minute lesson on the bow. He explained maintenance, items to pay attention to and just some great conversation on arrow weight and associated speeds. Arrived home, assembled my bow, leveled the Rangemaster, Lubed all cables and string as Patrick indicated and off to my stands to dial in the scope.

Laser'd the 20 target. Set speed dial to 390 to start. First shot was 1" low/right. Held bow on BE and adjusted E and W to match POI. Next shot was spot on BE. Went out to 60 and needed 1/2" L and slowed speed dial by 5 fps. Next shot BE.

I shot the bow another 30 times at various yardages to find it SCARY accurate and speed subtensions were perfect.

I have over forty years of xbow experience and have shot big R, big M and many other high end bows, They are very nice but I have to say that the "feel" of this bow exudes confidence. It has a very solid feeling, not heavy, solid. Some may say it's heavy in comparison to others. I absolutely love the feel when I shoulder it. Excellent balance.

I have read some negative experiences here on CBN regarding this bow. I can only share that the speed of the bows do not permit much room for error on arrow loading. Nocks not fully seated or arrows rotated 120 out of time, nocks out of time, can cause dry fires or partial dry fires. It happens, I have done a few times in my life by not paying attention and I own those times.

I'm spoiled having Tenpoint in my backyard here in Ohio. No company is perfect but these guys are legit and stand behind their product, my experience. Honestly (not because I spent 1,600.00) I cannot pick out one thing I don't like.
Shooting 25 times a day every day, I can be pretty picky. This is a diamond.

Thanks Tenpoint for a great product!
Farm Deer

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
I am a newb compared to you by far, Farm Deer.

There is no doubt in my mind that Tenpoint's latest lineup is right up there as one of the most technologically advanced today.
They are pricey but you get what you pay for.

The cocking/decocking is the best.
Our Ravin comes a close second for cocking/decocking but doesn't have the string life of the Tenpoint.
Our Centerpoint sits silently in it's case, hopefully will see some light this weekend.

Congrats and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Can’t believe I picked mine up a month ago and still haven’t shot it. Soon!
I am in the same boat! I have had mine longer even. LOL! I was waiting for a new scope and some other accessories that would have made it double the work to re-sight and set up again, so I just waited. BUT I am planning on shooting it this Saturday finally! Finger's are crossed. 🤞

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Ha! A curse and blessing Farm Deer! BTW, you may have bought the sleeper xbow of the new ACUslide trio. You've got a loaded package in that Viper and although $1,600 is a pile of bills, you got a gem of a xbow for your hard earned dollars.

I'm a fan for sure and I hope to get up to see TenPoint and meet some of their team some day.

So, I have been patiently waiting (well, not really) for a package from TenPoint. I think I'm about a week or so out yet but I'm eager to explore the ACUslide system and look closely at the new rail as well. My faithful Nitro will have to slide to side a bit.

Good luck with the Viper!

·
201 Posts
Got bit today,,,,
Last time at the Tenpoint to pick up my M370 after a small warranty issue (that Tenpoint corrected without any questions) Patrick, a very skilled technician, offered me to shot one of the new Tenpoint bows. Sure I said. Well, I was hooked. The Viper is an absolute engineering marvel. I again went back to Tenpoint for some Alpha nocks today and decided again to look at the bow. Wrong thing to do...... "Honey, look what followed me home".

Yep, I bought a Viper. Patrick took me for a 30 minute lesson on the bow. He explained maintenance, items to pay attention to and just some great conversation on arrow weight and associated speeds. Arrived home, assembled my bow, leveled the Rangemaster, Lubed all cables and string as Patrick indicated and off to my stands to dial in the scope.

Laser'd the 20 target. Set speed dial to 390 to start. First shot was 1" low/right. Held bow on BE and adjusted E and W to match POI. Next shot was spot on BE. Went out to 60 and needed 1/2" L and slowed speed dial by 5 fps. Next shot BE.

I shot the bow another 30 times at various yardages to find it SCARY accurate and speed subtensions were perfect.

I have over forty years of xbow experience and have shot big R, big M and many other high end bows, They are very nice but I have to say that the "feel" of this bow exudes confidence. It has a very solid feeling, not heavy, solid. Some may say it's heavy in comparison to others. I absolutely love the feel when I shoulder it. Excellent balance.

I have read some negative experiences here on CBN regarding this bow. I can only share that the speed of the bows do not permit much room for error on arrow loading. Nocks not fully seated or arrows rotated 120 out of time, nocks out of time, can cause dry fires or partial dry fires. It happens, I have done a few times in my life by not paying attention and I own those times.

I'm spoiled having Tenpoint in my backyard here in Ohio. No company is perfect but these guys are legit and stand behind their product, my experience. Honestly (not because I spent 1,600.00) I cannot pick out one thing I don't like.
Shooting 25 times a day every day, I can be pretty picky. This is a diamond.

Thanks Tenpoint for a great product!
Farm Deer
What arrows are you shooting ? Not putting the Vortex crossfire scope on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What arrows are you shooting ? Not putting the Vortex crossfire scope on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shot some Center Punch and BE Zombies. Need to get the speed dial marked for the two different arrow weights. They both shot the same accuracy however the CP was a bit heavier.
Yes, going to play with a new CF2 scope once it arrives. However, the latest RM scope had near zero parallax in comparison to older models. I'll use the RM for hunting, CF2 for reaching out to 100.
FD

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha! A curse and blessing Farm Deer! BTW, you may have bought the sleeper xbow of the new ACUslide trio. You've got a loaded package in that Viper and although $1,600 is a pile of bills, you got a gem of a xbow for your hard earned dollars.

I'm a fan for sure and I hope to get up to see TenPoint and meet some of their team some day.

So, I have been patiently waiting (well, not really) for a package from TenPoint. I think I'm about a week or so out yet but I'm eager to explore the ACUslide system and look closely at the new rail as well. My faithful Nitro will have to slide to side a bit.

Good luck with the Viper!
Well, It's sorta like when someone retires. Rather a Cadillac car, I decided on a Cadillac crossbow.
Let me know if you decide to come up TX. I'm 25 minutes from them. The Wife grills some mean steaks and we have enough land to shoot out to 500 yards!
I'd be honored to meet you.
FD

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Farm Deer, you dirty bird. LOL. Keep me posted. This Xbow is on my radar.

Congrats! (y)

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a couple PM's asking why with owning a couple other 400+ fps bows would I buy another.
Simple answer, I can go 100 mph in most any car, it's much more enjoyable in a Corvette or Cadillac.😁
FD

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is fast!
It is FAST. I'm not so impressed with the speed element as much as the design element. I have bows that shoot 400+ but in no way shape or form do they come close to the fit and function.
Anyone that has shot xbows for years knows a rock solid, high performance bow as soon as they put it in their hands.
FD

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I had a couple PM's asking why with owning a couple other 400+ fps bows would I buy another.
Simple answer, I can go 100 mph in most any car, it's much more enjoyable in a Corvette or Cadillac.😁
FD
Or just because you can!!! FD, do look forward to you Viper experience. Shoot on and stay healthy!!!!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
It is FAST. I'm not so impressed with the speed element as much as the design element. I have bows that shoot 400+ but in no way shape or form do they come close to the fit and function.
Anyone that has shot xbows for years knows a rock solid, high performance bow as soon as they put it in their hands.
FD
Yep, that is what impresses me. It's the form and function.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts