Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my Viper platinum pkg last week it came with the hawke xb 30 pro scope. After reading on the forums I heard that the Evo X was the top of the line scope so I called the dealer and asked if I could swap the scope out for the Evo and explained I haven’t even unpacked it yet due to waiting for my target to arrive.

He said it’s the same scope, and I’m not sure I believe him. Is this true or is he pissing down my back?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Absolutely not the same scope. The xb30 Pro Sr, is not as compact, and in my opinion and several other respected members here, the Evo X the most is the ultimate in low light illumination for any dedicated crossbow scope. I also prefer it on the TenPoint bows because I find the eye relief more favorable for me over the larger xb30 Pro. Both excellent scopes, but different glass different size different illumination, different eye relief, if it's the hawk version of the Evo X it has the Locking speed ring not yet offered on the xb30 pro.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I agree with Robert the xb30 would be my choice over the rangemaster. As long as you're not talking the xb30 compact, or the xb1. The Evo X is a very nice scope as is the xb30 Pro, both in my opinion much better then the range master.

Reactions: SEW and Madrebel

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely not the same scope. The xb30 Pro Sr, is not as compact, and in my opinion and several other respected members here, the Evo X the most is the ultimate in low light illumination for any dedicated crossbow scope. I also prefer it on the TenPoint bows because I find the eye relief more favorable for me over the larger xb30 Pro. Both excellent scopes, but different glass different size different illumination, different eye relief, if it's the hawk version of the Evo X it has the Locking speed ring not yet offered on the xb30 pro.
I’ll look when I get home. I think it does have
the locking ring.
thanks!
I agree with Robert the xb30 would be my choice over the rangemaster. As long as you're not talking the xb30 compact, or the xb1. The Evo X is a very nice scope as is the xb30 Pro, both in my opinion much better then the range master.
damn, didn’t realize there were that many models. Pretty sure it’s
It’s the xb 30 compact 2x7. Not even the pro model.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
I just looked at your package online and the picture does show the Hawke XB30 Compact scope on the bow. I am surprised though that they told you it is the same scope as the Evo X. I will never do business with them if they don't even know the difference in scopes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just looked at your package online and the picture does show the Hawke XB30 Compact scope on the bow. I am surprised though that they told you it is the same scope as the Evo X. I will never do business with them if they don't even know the difference in scopes.
Yeah really. All I wanted to do was send this one back and get the Evo and pay the difference. I could tell he wasnt warm to the idea and that’s when he started with “it’s the same scope” BS.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
It did come with the hawk scope...
I think you are splitting hairs on the scopes. Hawke XB-1 is a very accurate scope. I wouldn't give up on that scope. I'm shooting tight groups out to 70 yards with it.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Looks like they disclose that it comes with the XB-30 compact. Which in my opinion would not be my choice, even the xb1 would be as good, the evo x, XB-30 pro, even the ringmaster would be a better choice to me. But this is why I always turn to Wyvern Creations, better packages, better information before and after the sale. Dave makes sure you know what your getting before you buy, and usually will save you from any surprises at a better price!

I think you are at their mercy now, as does show the compact for that particular package, and most dont know it is not near the scope the XB-30 pro se is.

Personally I would see if I could exchange it, if not you can always sell it here and purchase the scope you like, heck ot might even suite you, and that is really all that matters, it will work, just what will work for you, that's the question!

Like robert said, pretty recieving to say it is even close to the evo x or the pro, that's pure hog wash, no wonder so many are confused about scopes and their quality,,, most can make open sights accurate!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think you are splitting hairs on the scopes. Hawke XB-1 is a very accurate scope. I wouldn't give up on that scope. I'm shooting tight groups out to 70 yards with it.
I don’t think you’re reading the post correctly. I don’t have the XB-1, it’s a XB 30 compact. And that’s not the point.
Reread everything...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like they disclose that it comes with the XB-30 compact. Which in my opinion would not be my choice, even the xb1 would be as good, the evo x, XB-30 pro, even the ringmaster would be a better choice to me. But this is why I always turn to Wyvern Creations, better packages, better information before and after the sale. Dave makes sure you know what your getting before you buy, and usually will save you from any surprises at a better price!

I think you are at their mercy now, as does show the compact for that particular package, and most dont know it is not near the scope the XB-30 pro se is.

Personally I would see if I could exchange it, if not you can always sell it here and purchase the scope you like, heck ot might even suite you, and that is really all that matters, it will work, just what will work for you, that's the question!
I never said they misrepresented the scope. What I said was I asked if I could exchange it and pay the difference and the guy told me it’s the same scope, which I know now that’s a complete lie.

Yeah I did try to buy from Dave but I couldn’t get him on the phone all day.

I’m going to call them back Monday and see if I can talk to a manager or at least someone that has a higher IQ.
No I’m not at their mercy yet, they have a 30 day return policy.

i hate being lied to on something like this.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I completely agree, and I understand the lying part, I honestly can't see how anyone who has a clue about those two scopes could make the statement they did. I think you should be able to upgrade it, but like you said you should have never been told what you were to begin with. Good luck hope it all works for you.

I understand Dave not answering the phone instantly when you call, one thing you have to deal with when you deal with the largest dealing crossbow dealer on the internet, probably on the planet. But I have known Dave now for several years, and he has never failed to call me back within 24 hours when I called. Personally I will deal with no one else, as it's my opinion Dave is that good

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I completely agree, and I understand the lying part, I honestly can't see how anyone who has a clue about those two scopes could make the statement they did. I think you should be able to upgrade it, but like you said you should have never been told what you were to begin with. Good luck hope it all works for you.

I understand Dave not answering the phone instantly when you call, one thing you have to deal with when you deal with the largest dealing crossbow dealer on the internet, probably on the planet. But I have known Dave now for several years, and he has never failed to call me back within 24 hours when I called. Personally I will deal with no one else, as it's my opinion Dave is that good
Yeah that’s what I heard. I tried him 5x over half a day. He did call me after 5:30 and apologized but I had already bought.
Who knows if they don’t make me happy I might end up buying from him after all.

·
8,844 Posts
Sounds to me … like you'd need a lawyer to return that package to A1 within 30 days.:( If they're lying and/or don't know one scope from another; at best they're incompetent and lacking knowledge of the products. If you lack knowledge of what you're selling it strikes me as disinterest in sound business protocols. Not a good sign for either the buyer before the sale and the customer after the sale. If you're lying, it strikes me as reprehensible and a giant red flag.

Fortunately it's a Ten Point so you have them as the 800lb gorilla protecting the crossbow. Otherwise my advice would be to try to find out what the real deal is with the outfit and if you sense deception or ignorance is SOP, I'd try to send it back and buy from Wyvern. Just my take. I bought one crossbow from someone other than Wyvern Creations. Came back to bite me in the butt. A Bowtech Strykezone that I hated and Cabelas, of all people, refused to take it back. Bought it with Cabelas Bucks I had accumulated.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts