Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have went to a single aim point set at 35 yds for my Scorpyd 160 custom .
After searching and watching reviews i decided to take a chance on a Vortex Crossfire II 1 -4 x 24 with vbrite retical .
I have to say and this just may be my eyes but i have a Leopold 1.5 4 x 22 fire dot scope here and this Vortex is much more clear .
The illumination dials down to where you can barely see it .
It has a great eye box ( 3 inches back and forth ) that you do not need to find the sweet spot if you know what i mean .
I like the size of it .
Pleasant weight to it .
All around a really nice scope for $200.00
I need to get out and sight it in ,, but so far very impressed !!!!
I also want to find a little lower cant scope mount , more research !!!!lol
Gun Airsoft Air gun Airsoft gun Shooting

·
Premium Member
5,628 Posts
Sounds like a deal! Been considering single aim point myself. May even go with a reflex down the road to really lighten things up!

Reactions: burky247365

·
13,182 Posts
Beautiful … Glad you like it. I bought a Vortex Crossfire years ago and was disappointed. Gave it away. Yet another of my futile attempts to get world class picture quality at a lower price...lol On the other hand, I have two Vortex Vipers that I'm very satisfied with. I completely agree with you in your Leupold assessment. A lot of Leupold scopes are really disappointing.

·
Premium Member
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i looked around at mounts , could not find what i want that does not cost an arm and a leg .
Then i said heck i just bought one and am tired of the washer under the rear of the rail i will build one
i milled in the ,Moa and made it one piece lower and way stronger also lighter .
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

Gun Airsoft Shooting Shooting sport Air gun

·
Premium Member
5,628 Posts
WOW!!! That's really cool! Does mine get one??? LOL

·
Premium Member
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like a mount my friend made me for a Vortex XBR that I couldn't get enough elevation out of. Mine wasn't anodized though. I colored it with a sharpie. Great work Tim.
I will be anodizing it soon , i have some other small parts to do on the bows i am wrapping up , i will post some picks when i do .

Reactions: Rit

·
Premium Member
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been using a Leupold 2-7x shotgun scope scope, but ordered a Vortex 1-4x24mm to take it place so I can move the Leupold to a 45-70 that's in need of a scope.
Give us your thought's when you get it !!!

·
Registered
15,567 Posts
You did a GREAT job on that mount!;):)

·
Premium Member
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It isn't a big deal to have the Parallax at 100yds? Sweet looking setup!
No they will work just fine .
some bows however need some shimming .
I will set this one at 35 yd zero and see how it does , if i do not have enough adjustment i can mill in more MOA .
I do not foresee any problems as i had a 100 yd parallax scope on it and had to do nothing but sight it in .

Reactions: ApexerER
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.