Crossbow Nation banner

541 - 546 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
All right boys. Especially Scoprpyd fans. Here is Nito using a Vortex CF2 on his Scarped Xbow. The scope speaks for itself.

Enjoy!!!!! The ending is priceless.

Reactions: SOUTH MAN

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
I’m an idiot! I meant Crossfire II...
Ramriod, you're no idiot after reading this thread and the shenanigan related journey. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
When I had the Crossfire II it was on a Scorpyd as well.

fullsizeoutput_c4a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c4b.jpeg

Reactions: wolfpacker79

·
Registered
5 Posts
I appreciate the simplicity of your comments and you have managed your expectations per my OP. This is not a holy grail post that has been hijacked a bit. I'll put my money on Vortex Engineering over anyones knowledge here on CBN, period! Regarding parallax from 20-100 yards how many have gotten out to shoot this scope from 20-100? Nuff said! For a 100 yard reticle scope the FOV is quite uncluttered and optics very clear. I don't think I need a 10x Zoom scope to shoot a deer at 20-40 yards. Really? That's just getting to personal between man and the game he's hunting. :p

Vortex CF2 is not for everyone fine by me but I'm extremely impressed by the sum of it's value at $200. People managed expectation they are going to like this scope.

Yesterday I zeroed in at 40 yards. Simple enough. Next step is to adjust speed ring at 70 yards so I'm covered from 20-40 yards during upcoming hunt season. Nuff said.
Using the instructions in the user guide, I zeroed in at 40 yards using the FPS indicator the bow is rated for, which placed the zoom setting a hair below 4X. So far, the bow shoots dead on at 6, 20, 30, and 40 yards. I'm ready to hunt.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
Using the instructions in the user guide, I zeroed in at 40 yards using the FPS indicator the bow is rated for, which placed the zoom setting a hair below 4X. So far, the bow shoots dead on at 6, 20, 30, and 40 yards. I'm ready to hunt.
It's the best scope at this time I've ever owned. $200 is reasonable and nothing in it's price range offers all the features this scope is offering. It's not for everyone but to me these issues are extremely minor to me. What I do know it's extremely accurate scope. For recreational purposes and I will revisit longer ranges but I have never grouped three arrows at 70 yards with arrows touching before. Yea, that is impressive due to technology. I have had tight groups but never have them touching each other at 70 yards. This gives me great confidence a 6, 20, 30, 40 yards.

Reactions: wolfpacker79
541 - 546 of 546 Posts