Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one has had a problem getting their thumb to the safety on the Vortex type of pistol grip stock vs the ambi stylf on the Phoenix?

·
175 Posts
I have owned both the Vortex and Phoenix and did not have any problems with reaching the safety on either crossbow. I sold my Vortex only because the stock felt too short for my long arms and it just wasn't as comfortable to shoulder as my Phoenix with it's longer stock.

·
38 Posts
I don't like a thumbhole stock for that reason. With the ambi stock I can easily sight on a target then release the safety with my thumb without disturbing my sight picture or grip. With a thumbhole I have to break my concentration to get the safety released.

·
11,412 Posts
I don't think the Vortex TH stock

is the best TH stock I've seen and it could be improved but it's a personal thing.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
I really like the fit of mine. It's a bit shorter and affords a very comfortable, yet firm grip. Really appreciated it when my hand slipped from the rain-soaked forearm, 15 feet up in a tree stand. Reaching for the safety not an issue. I put the safety on each time the bow is cocked when practicing, and release it just before the shot. It's second nature now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts