Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to try the killzone crossbow broadhesds out, does anyone have any experience with them? They claim they will not open in flight at higher speeds. My bow shoots around 400fps. Does the blade retention ability loosen up the more they are shot, like if I practice with one and later sharpen or swap in new blades to hunt with it is there a higher chance of opening in flight?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm wanting to try the killzone crossbow broadhesds out, does anyone have any experience with them? They claim they will not open in flight at higher speeds. My bow shoots around 400fps. Does the blade retention ability loosen up the more they are shot, like if I practice with one and later sharpen or swap in new blades to hunt with it is there a higher chance of opening in flight?
Shot them in my compound and they worked really good. I would not suggest practicing with a head and using it for hunting. What I did and still do with my Grim Reapers is take one head and JB Weld the blades and it becomes your verification broadhead. Have shot them like this dozens of times and no issues with my POA/POI.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I bought some a few months ago. I was skeptical also. I emailed NAP and never got an answer. I think I may have asked the same question on here and people said they do not open. I used them once on a deer and they appeared to work properly since I hit where I aimed and it killed the deer quickly. They have a great price on Slingblades on Amazon $19 and they are basically the same. Amazon.com : NAP Slingblade Mechanical Broadhead Front Deploying 2 Blade 100 Grain Three Pack : Sports & Outdoors
These are the exact same heads Tenpoint sells as Evo X heads for $44.99.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shot them in my compound and they worked really good. I would not suggest practicing with a head and using it for hunting. What I did and still do with my Grim Reapers is take one head and JB Weld the blades and it becomes your verification broadhead. Have shot them like this dozens of times and no issues with my POA/POI.

So they do loosen up, wear out.

Does the jbweld not add significant weight?

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought some a few months ago. I was skeptical also. I emailed NAP and never got an answer. I think I may have asked the same question on here and people said they do not open. I used them once on a deer and they appeared to work properly since I hit where I aimed and it killed the deer quickly. They have a great price on Slingblades on Amazon $19 and they are basically the same. Amazon.com : NAP Slingblade Mechanical Broadhead Front Deploying 2 Blade 100 Grain Three Pack : Sports & Outdoors
Glad to hear they worked for you. Those slingblades look to be Chinese copies, open link and it says made in China. What holds the blades in place?

·
Registered
214 Posts
My friend used one on an elk this year out of an R26 on a broadside shot at 35 yards and it deflected n came out by the opposite side rear leg. He tracked it for 5 hours and put 2 more through it. I wouldn’t recommend. That’s one reason I like the tip of the trypan. Anything is possible and it’s just one experience and it’s possible another broadhead would have done this.

·
Registered
320 Posts
So they do loosen up, wear out.

Does the jbweld not add significant weight?

Thanks for the reply.
No not at all I measured it on my scale and I think it added maybe a grain of weight to the broadhead. Good thing is you are actually shooting a broadhead it just doesn't deploy the blades. It's like super gluing your blades closed.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Glad to hear they worked for you. Those slingblades look to be Chinese copies, open link and it says made in China. What holds the blades in place?
They are a NAP product. You will be surprised how many heads are made in China that you think are American made because it's an American Company. As far as what keeps them in place, I guess it's physics. NAP never responded to that question.

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
My friend used one on an elk this year out of an R26 on a broadside shot at 35 yards and it deflected n came out by the opposite side rear leg. He tracked it for 5 hours and put 2 more through it. I wouldn’t recommend. That’s one reason I like the tip of the trypan. Anything is possible and it’s just one experience and it’s possible another broadhead would have done this.
I wouldn't use on Elk. Not many mechanicals I would use on Elk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whitetail is what I'm after, doubt I ever get to elk hunt.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I’ve used them for the past 5 years and killed around 8 deer. Most fell in sight the furthest one went was about 75 yards. They have worked well for me and I shoot a Scorpyd Velocity. Arrow weight is 425 grains but never chrono the speed. I’d add I never had one open in flight, great wound channels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Worked good for me the other day.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Here is a review of the Slingblades. They tested very well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ordered 2 packs of those last night after watching and reading the reviews. Hunting whitetail deer with them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ordered 2 packs of those last night after watching and reading the reviews. Hunting whitetail deer with them.
I received them yesterday. They came from Camofire.

On the NAP package it was clearly marked that they were made in the USA. Also that they were designed
for both high speed compound and crossbow's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts