Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a good warm weather scent lok or equivalent suit. I like the looks and the price of the savanna quickstrike suit but would like some input from actual field experience before pulling the trigger. I am a ground hunter now and need to do better in this area. I can't go for a high priced suit at the moment even though I know you probably get what you pay for. Tia

·
Registered
110 Posts
SW Ohio, 100% public land from my climber or spot and stalk. I’ll play the wind and get back in there where I want and most of the time the other hunters push deer to me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Terrain would be thick woods and corn/bean field edges. But I like being in the thick stuff on public, deer are going where the other hunters wont go so I try to be there an hour or two before shooting light.

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Terrain would be thick woods and corn/bean field edges. But I like being in the thick stuff on public, deer are going where the other hunters wont go so I try to be there an hour or two before shooting light.
I'm not able to use a climber anymore due to an accident so I'm on the ground 100% now and yes I hate it but have to do what I have have to. In TN here where I'm at its thick woods and not flat at all and the wind swirls almost ever sit. Yes I try to hunt the wind and would love to be able to still get 25ft and not really sorry about it but I can't anymore.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ground hunt a lot also, I will spray myself down with some scent control spray. Have my ASAT leafy top on and move out there. Once I find a spot I’ll sit/lean against a fallen tree to break up my outline and stir up the leafs and ground around me hopefully masking my scent. Does it work, not sure but I’ve killed deer doing it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts