Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Aculeus 460 back from Jerry on the 11th and was on vacation so just got a chance to check it out today. I put a 2nd ffp 3-18 on a Jack Plate on it . I did not have to tune it as South Shore had it perfectly tuned.. It is shooting like new again. Nice work Jerry. Shooting some 3/8" to 1/2" spots at 60 but the skeeters was hungry and I was hot.
IMG_20200704_202051_0.jpg
IMG_20200704_201931_7.jpg

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Awesome! ;)

Reactions: dynamo61 and Rit

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
I'd call that a "high performance tune"! Looks great!

Reactions: dynamo61 and Rit

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I just don't see shooting any better at 60 yards! Regardless what barrel/rail is used......It's just really hard to beat a Scorpyd for accuracy at hunting ranges or any range,for that matter! Nice shooting!!!
Steady Indian,quality platform,great arrows= practically same hole!!!

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
That is deadly without a doubt!
Congrats and enjoy!

Reactions: Rit

·
Registered
355 Posts
Great shooting looks like Jerry got you all tuned up.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
Nice shooting and a great tune job ! It's hot out here also and I've been staying indoors but seeing this post has me wanting to head out to the range and make a couple shots !

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you get out shooting Marty? I stretched it out a little more early today before the heat hit. Same results at 70. Spots grew by a 1/4" at 80 yards. I think it was me out of practice. I will put her on a rest and see one night this week

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
Did you get out shooting Marty? I stretched it out a little more early today before the heat hit. Same results at 70. Spots grew by a 1/4" at 80 yards. I think it was me out of practice. I will put her on a rest and see one night this week
No, I never made it Rit. I got pre-occupied and didn't get the chance today. I'll be heading out soon though. Within the next couple of days. I'm due for a practice session for a few hours at least.

·
5,146 Posts
Details of your arrows? That’s incredible shooting.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Those look like AV2 Fletchings?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Taps with 110 grain inserts 22" long Aerovane 2. Spine matched and weight matched. 100 grain Swat broadhead practice tips with 3 to 5 grain brass weight washer depending on weight of arrow with tip. My Aculeus 175 has similar results with Nimitz class build from Vital Limits. The 460 seems to like the Tapps more than the Nimitz build . When I have Jerry make me more arrows I will send him a few of theese to have him delection match them the same as theese. This has been the best flying set that I have. I meant spine deflection matched

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
Great shooting Rit !!
Glad Jerry got you all fixed up !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts