Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All accessories finally arrived....mounted and dialed-in Leupold VX-Freedom 3x9x33 EFR (Extended Focus Range) scope at 20 yds. Love this scope. Parallax adjustable from 10 yds. out to 400 yds. Bright, brilliant glass. Rugged, yet refined. Very reasonable price for a scope of this quality.

All Bowjax accesories installed. Used blood-red colored Bowjax. Matches the blood-red SCORPYD lettering on the limbs perfectly. ;)

After 8-10 dialing-in shots off a rest at 22 yards (and using the very same arrow for all 5 shots), next 5 arrows cut into very same hole as the arrow before it! I was in heaven!

Benefits of these 110 lb. limbs:

1) Extremely smooth shooting.....very little to no recoil or vibration.
2) Only ordered the short rope sled cocker....but the 110 lb. limbs were no strain to cock.
3) Very quiet shot....sound of arrow hitting target much louder than the Aculeus.
4) Unbelievable accuracy!
5) Thinking seriously about ordering another 110 lb. Aculeus (as back-up) very soon....worried that Scorpyd may stop making this model at end of year.
6) Getting 355 fps with 415 gr. arrows....116 ft. lbs. of KE.

Remember my comment about the last 5 shots in the same hole at 22 yds? Well, that was shooting the stock arrows Scorpyd sent with the AculeusI Have not even received Jerry's custom Spynal Tapps yet! :oops:

To summarize:

I had extremely high hopes and expectations for this bow. I had never shot...or even seen....a Scorpyd crossbow before this one arrived on my doorstep. I ordered it purely on Scorpyd's reputation and the bow's design alone. I must say, this Aculeus has exceeded ALL of my expectations in every way!! (y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not much more than that for sure! QUOTE="Yelpy, post: 1374564, member: 9267"]
I bet the only thing you hear when you shoot the 110 are the latch claws retracting when the arrow is being launched.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Falconer4ever,
I feel the same as you about my Aculeus with 135lb. limbs. I had only shot 2 other crossbows before my Scorpyd. These bows are so smooth, quiet, fast and very well balanced. I too am extremely pleased with mine.
This bow wasn’t a purchase that I have regretted at all.
Congratulations on your new Aculeus.
Lonster

1 - 13 of 13 Posts