Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,033 Posts
I used Boss years ago with my Vision 175. It was fairly slow compared to today's standards. I had very good success with them. One deer I killed at 20 yds frontal shot that spun around and died on the spot. Great heads if you are looking to maximize penetration.
I have a bunch. If you are interested, let me know.

· Registered
56 Posts
I used the wasp dart last year on my micro 355. Grouped with my field points and took a deer with them mid season, great results. The blades are a bit thinner and I hit one shoulder bone as the deer was quartering. Bent to one of the blades but did not break it. Being that they provide some replacement blades I can use that had again as they tip and feral were in great shape.

· Registered
3,674 Posts
Gotta love that 4blade Dart, Short Bloodtrails with a good Shot..shot a Buck with One onetime with a direct X heartshot. It stood there for a coulple seconds and Jumped sideways in to a pile of grapvines and was stone dead in seconds. Razor Sharp Heads Make a Difference.

· Registered
2,601 Posts
At least a dozen crossbow bucks taken with the WASP Jak-Hammer.

Field point accurate - very reliable.

Horns

Reactions: truman13

· Registered
4,033 Posts
Gotta love that 4blade Dart, Short Bloodtrails with a good Shot..shot a Buck with One onetime with a direct X heartshot. It stood there for a coulple seconds and Jumped sideways in to a pile of grapvines and was stone dead in seconds. Razor Sharp Heads Make a Difference.
That's what I'm looking for again. It seems that big mechanicals really get deer going and they can cover a lot of distance.in a short period of time.

· Registered
1,182 Posts
That's what I'm looking for again. It seems that big mechanicals really get deer going and they can cover a lot of distance.in a short period of time.
Not if you use the right mechs. While they might "stun" the deer more on impact, they can put huge holes that put them down quick. I have never killed a deer with either my Grim Reapers or Rage Trypans that I have not watched go down; that's well over 20 with those BH's. Now Sevr is another story.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts